Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

17600 posts
Akarshi
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Games you are playing

Postby Akarshi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:41 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:21 am

^Damn, that's some top tier playing there! Gosh I think it's time to switch to MK! Street fighter pales in comparison to this extreme level of depth and balance!

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:36 pm

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Yeah, my friend is telling me that while I should play ME3, prepare to get very ticked off about a bunch of things--one being tht my Shep's appearance won't import. And with Bioware's track record of patching 360 games (which is never), I am gonna be very upset.

Also, Tali's face is such a cop-out on Bioware's part.

Moral of the story: Don't spend so much on trailers like Bioware did.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:09 pm

At this point, I think they're just making a joke out of the general populaces intelligence, and are just waiting to see when people realize that it's just the same game over and over again -_-

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 pm

When you're alone, always remember:

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:44 am

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:54 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:19 am

^ You can't edit after (failed)import? I thought they did something about that after ME2.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:38 am

According to my friend, it only occurs if you've saved to a cloud. xD I never really understood it, so I never saved my stuff to the cloud.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:46 am

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:31 am

dark souls dark souls dark souls dark souls dark souls dark souls dark souls dark souls dark souls dark souls dark souls dark souls

also, i did a silly thing and rented SoulCalibur V from a Redbox.

They took out....basically ALL of the little things I like about SoulCalibur (EVEN MUSEUM MODE AND CHARACTER BIOGRAPHIES ARE GONE!! IT DOES NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO EXPLAIN WHO THE NEW CHARACTERS ARE OR WHAT THE OLD ONES HAVE BEEN DOING!!), but improved on the core gameplay and character creation enough to make it worth an eventual purchase. Can't help but feel like it's half of a game though.

I don't know if anything's ever gonna beat SCII and III in the future....SCII's museum even had a detailed biography of every WEAPON in the game. And no music is gonna be as good as SCIII's unless Kobayashi gets involved again.

I do feel like the Critical Edge is a hell of a lot better than the finisher moves of SCIV. But restricting guard impacts to a super meter? SERIOUSLY?

Also the story mode is an appreciated effort but honestly it's absolute garbage to the point of being hilarious.

I feel like if more time was put into this it would have become my favorite SC. Even if the story mode was abysmal, it was at least a contained personal story of one character instead of ALL THAT IS GOOD TRIUMPHING OVER AN ARMY OF EVIL. The entire Soul series before IV was about personal stories of people searching for Soul Edge. Then in IV it became about CHOOSING SIDES IN THE ULTIMATE BATTLE OF THE SPIRIT SWORD VS THE DEMON SWORD and it was all an insulting mess. Same thing happened with Tekken 6.

Whatever, the gameplay is as fun as it's ever been. At least Nightmare is a person in armor again and not a vaguely threatening suit of evil energy.

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”