Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Games you are playing

Postby Kimiko » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:50 am

Those of you who loved the old Sierra and LucasArts adventure games should check out (they only list the Steam version, but there's also a stand-alone one on ). It's really well made, has three character classes for added replayability, and is fully voiced. I've just finished playing as a rogue (breaking in and stealing stuff is fun), and I'm now playing as a warrior/sorceress hybrid. Unfortunately, it seems that some spells can only be learned if your base class is sorceress. Not sure if I should restart as a sorceress/warrior hybrid or just go with it.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Apolloncrash
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Apolloncrash » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:08 am

Don't Die.

sabertiger
Ragelope

Postby sabertiger » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:06 pm

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:27 pm

The explosions from slime can also stagger monsters and interrupt their movements, which is a big advantage over other elements in addition to the fact that there's no resistance stat for slime element, also in multi everyone's slime effects stack so it adds up really quickly.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:12 am

There's really no need to wonder which Grand Company I should choose, because based on what I've read, there's only sooo little differences. Like Ul'dah's equipment is leant more towards magicians, Gridania have more leant towards DPS and Limsa Lominsa for tanks. (To me it feels like Ul'Dah should have been for tanks, Gridania for mages and LL for DPS, eh.) That and the chocobos have a slightly different armour, but it's not like that really matters. I could also just switch later if I change my mind.

I don't like it when games are forcing me to choose.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:59 pm

Okay, so I'm currently fucking mad at ARR:FFXIV. I tried doing the lvl 20 Arcanist quest, which leads to this battle that's a way of enemies coming in because the Mi'qote just have to have her stupid book back. At first it's going relatively fine, have to heal sometimes and what not. Then this fucking Thaumaturge just walks in and I die in about three to five of his attacks. It's fucking dumb!
You get a warning and all, but the thing is that none of the enemy units are named after their classs, so when I find the Thaumaturge I'm already fucking dead. It's making me mad, like, really fucking mad. "Loud grunts of displease" and near "bench punching" kind of mad.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:33 am

Probably want to read up, then. Level 30 is even more annoying.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:53 pm

I managed to beat the Lvl 20 ACN quest after checking a video and reading some tips, managed to beat it on lvl 20, yay.

And then went into Copperbell Mines and OOOH BOOY did we have some sucky tanks. Well, the first one totally blew balls. They were a GLA and didn't even do any Flash. Then they disconnected about right before the mini-boss, the blob one. So I ended up tanking with the Topaz one for quite a while. Then we got a second one, another GLA, they did decently, they managed to suck up some aggro, but they disconnected as well, about one room before the boss.

So we're an ACN, THM and CNJ, so my Topaz had to tank. We actually did really well! We got the boss to about 1/6 of its health before all the adds went berserk and I panicked and ran around, my Topaz died and that was more or less the end of that run. Had I not run around, as the CNJ said he'd keep my health up, and he did have many classes under his belt, we probably would have beaten it.

He told me how to kick players (as he did the first one) and we soon had a PLD (who the CNJ apparently knew) and we just fucking wrecked the boss shortly thereafter.

A very eventful trip through the mines, pretty fun actually, even with the issues.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Don't Die.

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Something else I forgot to mention. I only found out about Yahtzee's Let's Drown Out series the other day and have watched a handful of them. In one of them they played Just Cause 2. Back in the day I had just dismissed it as not being my kind of game (I heavily dislike shooters and third person ones are my least favourite), but it looked quite interesting in this video and that was with them attempting to make it as boring as possible. I have yet to look into it properly myself, but I want to ask, have any of you guys played it? If so, what do you think about it?

My two main concerns are that it seems that travel time can be quite high and that my OCD hording of ammo for anything besides the most basic guns might screw me over here. In your typical shooter with levels I can resist the urge somewhat by rationalising that I'll lose it all at the end of the level anyway, but that won't be the case here.
Don't Die.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:43 pm

I'm taking my first bout into point and click adventure games with "The Night of The Rabbit"
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:29 pm

Oh there's one.
Last edited by SirthOsiris on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:24 am

so much EO3... nonstop EO3 xD

the grind... its getting to me

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:22 am

Of course Lethality and critical will activate when the enemy has 1 HP remaining.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:34 am

P&D

why do you do this to me...

fucking drop rates...
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”