Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Games you are playing

Postby Zypose » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:44 am

I wish i could find human effigys. i've already killed off the dogs in lost bastille until they stopped respawing, baught all of melentias stuff. I'm stuck at 2 places,
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:37 am

Did Propeller Knight (now only have the final stages left besides the extra stage for the speedy potion) and yeah, I had some issues. I checked the forums and got a good combination for him and it really helped actually. Somehow I missed Percy all together though.

But basically I used the to make quick work of him.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sigma » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:44 pm

If Berserker's Brew was the ability acquired then that is what I had used to cheese him. Finished Plague Knight's campaign last night and, for the most part, enjoyed the subtle differences in using Plague Knight vs Shovel Knight.

I've also started up a new file of "Kid Icarus: Uprising". Given what I know now, from the previous play through, it is kind of amazing how well you can get decent weapons in the early portions of the game.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Well, now i'm trying to conquer the castle in Dark Souls II. Been using the varangian sword probably way too much, have it at +10. if only the durability was better

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:26 am

Bracing Knuckle Ring is your friend. Its pretty much a glue item if you're swinging around a light weapon.

Hell, in my last playthrough where I was swinging around a Black Knight Halberd, I still used that ring anyway, weapons just break too quickly in general IMO.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:33 am

Undertale has stabbed me with it's knife coated in a potent Emotional poison. also i love it do death so far.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Aye, so after a very long hiatus I'm back at Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker. On the side however, I've finished Underale. Most of this post will be about Undertale.

I've been with Undertale ever since it first came out as a demo and I love it as a game, but, to quote myself, "YES, it was a very good game that had memorable characters/story, a really fun battle(?) system, and one damn fine car bed, but I just can't really say that I think this game is even close to my personal Game of the Year. Not that there is inherently wrong with the game, but it's more that I feel that the game is really more of a light romp than a full-fledged GAME. And this is a good thing, it's short and easy to pick up and just play, and for what there is everything there is all REALLY GOOD, but it doesn't really feel, y'know, FULL, to me."

And maybe I have a really hard heart but I really wasn't that invested in the game. People sing praises about this game more than a Baptist on a Sunday, but to be honest, I didn't cry, I didn't laugh at very much of the jokes, I was CHARMED by the game but far from as captivated from it like the people screaming about it make it seem like it should be.

But yeah, it's still good, real good. Probably gonna be Sans for Halloween now so I can give everyone a bad time.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:54 pm

Playing loads of Bloodborne in preparation for the upcoming expansion, EOII: Untold, Undertale, Towerfall, Duck Game, as well as a bit of Warframe yet again.

The only new(ish) game I've been getting into lately is the Co-op Roguelike Megaman X-style game, 20XX:

Inafune would probably be embarrassed by how much they got right with this game.

With lots of co-op action games I've been binging lately, I've been waiting rather impatiently for Yoshi's Woolly World and Dragon Quest Heroes. Luckily I've got more than enough fresh titles to tide me over until then (Oct. 13th and 16th respectively).

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Im just gonna chime in and say that Undertale is definitely my personal game of the year. I thought it was gonna be MGSV but...we all know how that turned out...

In fact, beating MGSV sort of gave me depression. I was beyond hyped for it for over two years, only for the game to be devoid of context and for the final mission literally being cut with the story left unresolved. The twist at the end didn't bug me, if only because none of what I had done felt like it meant anything anyway. We don't get to see Big Boss become a villain like everyone thought. Everything he does is morally justified but without emotional weight. Nothing felt like it mattered. Nothing felt like MGS. With the exception of the boss fights and a certain mission on a certain quarantine platform, it was the biggest letdown since Other M for me.

So I played Undertale, and that was such a purely joyous experience that it made me feel better about the future of video games. I cared about those characters more than I have for any in a video game since, idk, Persona 4 first came out? The story pacing was pitch perfect. Every little detail added weight to what you were doing, to the point that the final boss had me crying for an hour.

As for it feeling more like a "romp" than a "game", you're not wrong--but that's what the other endings are for. If you, for some ungodly reason, decide to kill every monster in every area, the entire world and story changes around you. There are countless secrets that people are still discovering. Playing from start to finish is only 10-ish hours yeah, but seeing and getting everything in the game is a huge endeavor.

The best thing for me about Undertale is that it made me re-enjoy MGSV. I'm thankful to both games for letting me make friends with a bunch of enemies when I could have killed them.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:44 am

Started Atelier Escha and Logy. Very addicted. Not enough time in the day to enjoy it as much as I want to *sigh*

[] - [] - [] - []

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:58 am

i havent been playing anything new or flashy or anything. i've been playing Megaman Battle Network 5 of all things. and messing around with the different cartridge slot bonuses on the old DS with Double Team DS.

heck, a friend of mine has been playing Dragon Quest Heroes and convinced me to give Sentinels of Starry Skies a chance because i put it so early when i was younger.

it's kind of a weird experience going back without nostalgia. been a while since i sat down with some the older stuff in my boxes

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 am

MGS1. I have been playing through all the mgs games consecutively, expecting MGSV to give me all these new perspectives on the series, now I'm just trying to power my way to mgs4 since it's basically the opposite of mgs5 and will make me feel better

Etrian Veteran
Manticor

Postby Etrian Veteran » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:09 am

I also played MGS1 a few weeks back and I had a lot of fun playing the PSX version for the first time (I had prevoiusly played Twin Snakes, which is actually totally fine and not nearly as bad as nerds will tell you it is.) It was a lot of fun to actually have Psycho Mantis reveal that I like Castlevania and stuff for real. MGS1 is silly, but pretty fun still.

More recently though, with the announcement of SMT4: Final, I went back and played the neutral route in SMT4, which was the only ending I had not gotten the last time I played it. That game has a lot of issues, but I still liked it enough to put almost exactly 100 hours into it, so I don't regret it.
FC: 3952-7612-1296

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:30 am

Just finished Undertale, most enjoyable game I have played in a while.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:42 am

Things that feel great:
Finding a contradiction all on my own in apollo justice

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”