Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

YangKoete
Bloodant

Re: Games you are playing

Postby YangKoete » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:07 am

I really need to play Atelier Firis...And finish Atelier Shallie.

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:52 pm

@Yang: Everybody's going to have different opinions, but I think Sophie blows Firis out of the water. Better finale, no proficiency system, better swordsman (Julio >>> Revy, sorry ~_~), and you can clone / copy items for a cost once you get so far into befriending one of the characters in town.

Sadly, they both have Oskar.

Nesmontou
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nesmontou » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:20 am

I'm doing Nocturne, I have very balanced stats

saw this yesterday https://www.reddit.com/r/Megaten/commen ... _and_luck/ shouldn't have wasted 3 or 4 levels in luck apparently (the rest comes from incenses)

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:16 am

I see you're going for the true ending. The true ending is that you punched things a lot.

You can just fill up all of those bars. Pretty easy if you stop at 30 and do the rest with +10 buggoids. It's fine.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Nesmontou
Ragelope

Postby Nesmontou » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:25 pm

I wondered what I should have for my build now that I have a buffing magatama. MC can't learn Debilitate so I wanted to leave debuffs to demons. The plan right now:

Freikugel
Gaea Rage
Focus
Pierce
Tarukaja
Rakukaja
Sukukakja
Life Surge

I'm hesitant on giving up on Counter/Retaliate/Avenge though, are they really that good? Should I get rid of Sukukaja for Avenge in my final build?

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:03 pm

Looks like he'll be your heavy hitter, and by default he'll usually be the one to spend turns on items and summoning, so you'd really benefit from leaving somebody else on buffing-duty.
I sometimes let him have Fog Breath or War Cry, because at least they're economical, with more work per turn for sensible costs.
A decent number of things are weak to Magma Axis, so that and Fire Boost are worth something.
Endure can save you from using Gaea Rage when you aren't paying attention. It's more versatile than any single resistance to hama, mudo or physical, which your bug-friendos can still cover for you.
Avenge in Nocturne almost stops working if you start to void or repel phys. It's more appealing in games with more types of physical damage.

In the end, Gaea Rage and Deadly Fury are so close in performance that the choice is mostly aesthetic.

Why is Demeter a small child in the new Strange Journey? Her main myths are all about being contrasted with younger people. Like the farm-guy, and her daughter. And part of her daughter's whole thing is that she is the young one.
She part-times as a nanny and a mentor.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:37 pm

Lost in Blue for DS. It's my first time playing a survival game unless you count survival horror… I like it! At first I was really scraping to get by (my character even said “Phew, I'm back to normal. I'm dying.” at some point); now that I've got the hang of things (except for hunting and polishing), I have a comfortable little cave home and can explore the island further and further. The sense of progression is good, I like that you can take it slow and steady or go faster while taking more risks. Pleasant atmosphere too.

[edit] Finished it; it was good, though the sections towards the end didn't work quite so well (managing fatigue, food and drink became more of a chore than a challenge at that point). Also Skye being able to weave and cook but not even take a single step outside without help because she didn't have her glasses was, um… a bit ridiculous. But all in all I enjoyed it.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:02 am

Divinity Original Sin 2. Incredible sequel to the already incredible first game. It has a few issues but its overall a lot of fun. Been going at it slow though since everyone I'm playing with have conflicting schedules so its been an on/off thing. Might just end up playing it solo at this rate.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:08 pm

I'm excited to get that one.

In the meantime I'm almost done with the new Metroid. What an experience!

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:16 am

Outside of the EOV Demo, was thourougly enjoying Monster Hunter(mon) Stories. Got obsessed with trying to find a pink Rathian egg, spent a weekend hunting for one. Will say I almost burnt out at that point xD.
I do love the amiibo, so I will eventually have to order all of those in. The story is somewhere between meh and decent for a kids anime, but the game itself is really fun.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:49 am

... Bought Nintendo Switch over the weekend...
Zelda BotW...
... Splatoon

I regret nothing.

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:57 am

Oh man, jealous. I'm still thinking of buying a WiiU to at least play Zelda, but I don't know if I can justify the cost based on how much I'd play it.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:19 pm

I never justify anything. :3

If you're buying a new console, anyway, remember to check the actual money-difference between a Wii U and a Switch. Cheaper now isn't always cheaper later, if you'll eventually end up saying the same thing about buying a Switch.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:04 pm

the switch has plenty of good games on it already and theres even more coming out for it all the time. It's already more well-rounded than the Wii U ever was

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:17 am

Smash when tho

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”