Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Games you are playing

Postby heprea » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:02 pm

Mole-chan I....

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:13 am

I started with EOII and besides not being able to use L and R in the menu and dungeon I have no problems. Loving the game so far, maybe more than EOIII-V!

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:39 pm

there's something really special about the first EO. It's a little easier than EO2 in my opinion, but you really have to put time and resources into getting, say, all three elemental spells on an alchemist. It's rewarding to work your party into something that can power through the dungeon. I just wish you could start with hexer.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:04 pm

I want to unlock ronin more, that was my "Zamisk" portrait in EOII in my first playthrough.

I heard stances are pretty big skill sinks in this one though.

-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:07 pm

They are, and that's what holds them back, compared to their later incarnations. They can probably out-damage a landsknecht with regular attacks but the point of the landsknecht is being able to chain all that sweet sweet elemental damage.

So let's say you want to do a fire attack with a ronin. That's leveling Katanas to 10, AND Overhead to 5, just so you can put a single point in the fire skill. If you want to have that be worth the investment you'll also have a landsknecht in there to chain the damage, which means you'll probably also have an alchemist already...and is all of that gonna justify retiring somebody just to have your ronin come in at level 25 or whatever? I don't know. Maybe in super specialized builds where your ronin ONLY levels up Overhead and you have two alchemists that each only focus on thunder or ice.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:58 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:48 pm

Thanks for the advice, guys! I have a bit of time to decide if I want to go that route, and by then I'll probably be attatched to my party and not in the mood to grind anyway.

-PLA

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:00 am

Look at this perfect man.

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:38 pm

Who I will never draw because my luck is bad.

Theresia
Ragelope

Postby Theresia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:57 pm

I finished Persona 2 EP!
What should I say, I loved every second of it, and the bittersweet ending was really the icing on the cake.
Having played the second part, I can finally consider the Persona 2 duology the best jRPG I've ever played.
Innocent Sin is a bit flawed in term of gameplay, but the hooking plot definitely compensates this.
Eternal Punishment is perfect. <3

I'm now playing Phantasy Star IV, its plot is nothing to write home about, but it's really fun nonetheless.

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Finished:
 Professor Layton and Pandora's Box
 Radiant Historia
 Ghost Trick

Currently playing:
 Boxboxboy!
 Shin Megami Tensei IV

I had slept on the Professor Layton series at the time, but they're really addictive.

I liked Radiant Historia very much too, except for the last dungeon and trying to find the right nodes for completing sidequests which dragged on a bit towards the end. Good combat system, very good characters and music.

Ghost Trick was brilliant in every aspect, one of the best DS games I've played yet.

I'm just a few hours in Shin Megami Tensei IV, having lots of fun with it so far.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Been playing Breath of the Wild.

Encountered my first not far from exploring one of the snowy regions in "". I had spotted what looked like an entrance to some ruins as I was making my way down the mountain and decided to just glide down there. It completely surprised me as I was not paying attention to that region as I was looking elsewhere, mid-glide, for any other potential Shrines off in the distance. My initial reaction to it was priceless as I got gutted. However, that adrenaline rush and the satisfaction of killing that damned beast was such a joy... And it didn't go away when I would eventually encounter .

Another thing I'm loving about the game is breaking their puzzle designs with the tools that they give you. Ended up subverting one of the wind puzzles

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:34 pm

Theresia
Ragelope

Postby Theresia » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:32 pm

I finished Koudelka, awesome game, now I really want to play Shadow Hearts. :o
Now I'm playing Dungeon Travelers 2, I'm currently exploring the Catacombs and the dungeon design seems to get more complex, with teleporters, pits - although they were also in the previous one - and secret passages; this might be interesting.

Tomaso
Ragelope

Postby Tomaso » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:49 pm

I played Cuphead over the holidays. That game is such a joy to play. I've had a blast even though I was dying a lot. Anyone tried Cuphead?

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”