Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Re: Games you are playing

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:14 am

I have a job where I travel a lot, so I’m using my DS more and more. Just finished Earthbound and now I’m playin EOIV

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:35 am

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

or as I like to call it, thingdoer thingdoer

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:28 am

I wish my 3DS could play Earthbound, ugh.

I have been itching to play EO games again these days and wanted to beat EOV before Nexus came out, but wasn't feeling it when I played for a while. I popped in EOI and am loving it! I started the series with EOII so this is my first time playing, and it's great!

I'm really itching to play EOIII now too but don't want to get sidetracked. Something about the graphics and music of the DS entries just does it for me more than the newer ones, even if IV was really good.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:28 am

Yeah I’m really enjoying EOIV! I recently traded in all my retro systems to get the new 3DSXL and a bunch of games, no regrets. I have a lot of time to kill on planes now so my DS gets a lot of use

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:03 am

Still playing EOIV lmao I’m a slow poke. Just retired my team and leveled em back up

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:01 am

I bought Spyro Regnited and was excited to play it...then a friend of mine bought me Pokemon Let's Go! Eevee just so she could trade and evolve her gengar...so I've been playing that. I'm simultaneously incredibly impressed and unimpressed, but I think I like it enough to play through it

Tortuga774
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tortuga774 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:31 pm

I'm more impressed that this thing actually was made than interested in looking more into it. For me personally Pokemon somehow hit a wall. The last time the brand had any significance in my life was Black and White. The last title I played was X or something, which I dropped. Now I just want let this bright chapters be..

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:56 am

Ah, for me pokemon ramped up and up. X was really great, and I loved Sun and Moon...

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:38 pm

I thought I'd try Pokémon X or Y since a friend of mine has a cartridge, but there's only one save file so… I'll keep on playing Shin Megami Tensei games instead.

✿

I finished Avalon Code recently, it was good! Being able to scan and modify everything is a cool idea, and the fact that every room of every dungeon is a timed challenge works quite well. (I found out near the end of the game that every screen has a description in the book too.) Some mechanics may get annoying after a while — searching for elements in the book is cumbersome, the dungeon rooms are a bit repetitive — but all in all I really enjoyed it.

✿

Also Picross DS (though I'm stuck, I think there's a technique or two I'm missing) and 3D Picross (which I only just started). Addictive. Could be the most interesting puzzle game mechanics I've seen so far too.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:05 am

^ I somehow didn't save my file for Avalon code for most of the story mode, then lost all my data and sold it instead of restarting it. That was years ago, but I still remember the cool character designs for the gods.

I got to play the new Smash with a friend (still no switch until I can justify the money/time I would sink into it) and it's great! Ness feels just as good as he did in 4, so I'm happy.

-PLA

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:59 pm

I used to play Smash Bros. a lot in the Gamecube days! Samus (in purple), good old Yoshi… or the Ice Climbers (in raspberry/white, with Nana as the leader) because I never shook the habit of picking characters based on their looks. Nobody else ever picked the Ice Climbers, and I completely understand why. Teaming up with a clumsy CPU isn't a good idea.

I rarely play multiplayer games anymore, but more of my friends have taken to playing board games.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:49 am

Same, I play more board games than video games these days, my collection is growing. I have Spirit Island coming in the next few days, and Hellboy: The Board Game coming in March. I have a few other big ones, but have much more success getting smaller, quicker games to the table more often with my groups.

Do you have any favorite board games?

-PLA

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:01 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:27 am

-PLA

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”