Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Re: Games you are playing

Postby Lumnaya » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 pm

I only played one game of Star Realms but I liked it, I'll gladly play another one when I have the chance! Bang! takes me back, I played quite a few rounds of it when I was a teenager — simple but definitely fun (especially if you're with players who like to put on a show when playing). The expansion pack with the events and characters is worth it. I was considering getting Hanabi, but that was at a time when I was playing less so getting another card game didn't seem worth it… I'd gladly try it though.

My brother and I still have a chest full of board and card games in my parents' house, including some very old ones my dad bought. But we mostly end up playing the same ones, there are several we only tried once. There are cafés where you can play games, I've never been to one but it sounds like a good idea.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Board game cafes are expemsive but amazing for trying out expensive games you're on the fence about before you buy them.

I'll check out the expansion for Bang!, that sounds like it could breathe some life back in to it for us, thanks!

My favorite old game is The A-maze-ing Labyrinth, for kids but is still extremely cool. Also used to play the classics like Catan and Risk a lot, but don't enjoy them more than once a year or so, there's just better designed games that scratch the same itch.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sigma » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:55 pm

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Haven't touched a Smash game since the Gamecube version, been really enjoying the World of Light mode on Hard. The downside is that I suspect that I will have picked up bad habits from some of these set fights. So far it looks like that I've dealt with the majority of the map with around 40 characters unlocked. Of note:

- Captain Falcon feels like he barely changed from what I remember, which is good for me.
- Mario, Link, and Fox feel slightly different than what I remember them playing like
- Been really enjoying Little Mac, Mii Swordfighter, and Wii Fit Trainer
- I've lost the ability to effectively use Marth

Just recently unlocked Shulk and am looking forward to using him in the future. I've also unlocked Mega Man, but am still not used to his move set yet.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:33 pm

I'm loving Pit and Dark Pit in this one, but my main man Ness isn't feeling quite right for me yet. Still, maining Pit got me replaying Kid Icarus: Uprising, which is charming and fun and really hitting the spot right now.

I wish I could play Smash all the time, but don't have my own Switch yet.

-PLA

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:51 am

I played Agricola with my parents.

Look at this perfect space-man.

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:23 am

I got... a ton of Switch games for Christmas. So I've been playing those, the thing finally gets to see some use after so much neglect. I got The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveler and Kirby: Star Allies. I also got a gift voucher, which I might spend on another switch game maybe.

Also, space man is cool but we all know who the real star of that event is:

I destroyed my spark just to get her newly released SR >_>

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:54 pm

My friends have way more board games than I. Smash Up! and Betrayal in the House on the Hill are most prominient for me right now.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:11 am

I see somebody (dev or localization team) had fun in Octopath Traveler during Olberic's Chapter 2... Was using Alfyn's Inquire on a NPC and got this:

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:21 am

Anybody else participating in Global Game Jame this weekend? 48 hours to make a video game with some of my friends. I'll be doing art and music, and my two code monkey buddies will be making the magic happen. Our local event is being held at a college campus, where my friends and I are going to camp out at all weekend, slumber party style.

We participated 3 years ago, but we've all been too busy for the last couple years, so I'm very excited to see how far we've come since then. We each have a degree in a relevant field now, so that's cool. I can't wait!

-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:14 am

Good luck, I wish I was close with programmers.

Recently I've been playing Ace Combat 7. It's the best one since the ps2 era.

With this, Tekken 7, and Soul Calibur 6, Namco has really gotten back in the game.

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Before EOX dropped unexpectedly (to me, because derp), I was playing Vampyr and Moonlighter on PS4, with some intermittent Monster Hunter World.

Octopath is really fun, and very beautiful. But the way the game is laid out and how the characters don't really interact the way I expected them to... I can't say it was my favorite RPG that year. That title goes to Dragon Quest XI for me.

In terms of board games, I love that Haunted House on the Hill game- I don't know the actual name of it, but it's really fun. My husband picked up a Kaijuu board game and wants to have a get-together with a couple buddies to try it out. It looks fun :3.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:55 am

I've heard both good and bad things about Haunting but haven't tried it despite it being such a classic. I think I'd personally like it but might have trouble getting any of my groups to play it enough to buy it. Did your husband buy King of Tokyo/New York? I recently played one of them at a board game cafe, and it was a nice light dice chucker that I would play again if I got the chance.

And DQXI looks amazing, I might get it eventually. DQIX is one of my all-time favorites, and I'd love to sink my teeth into another DQ sometime, but EOX is going to keep me busy for a while at the rate I game these days.

-PLA

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:34 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:04 pm

-PLA

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:20 am

No problem! And thank you for the board game recommendation, we'll look into it. At least I'm sure he will enjoy that King of New York with his buddies :)

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”