Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Games you are playing

Postby PLA » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:28 pm

Golden Deer, huh?
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:18 am

Community forums?

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:07 pm

^ Harry Potter and the Emblem of Fire.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:17 pm

Lizard! I'll chase you to the ends of the Earth!

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:57 am

shadow of the colossus?

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Right now I'm playing Animal Crossing New Leaf, after years of avoiding the series.
Seriously Phyllis is so annoying I want to turn her into foie gras.

But I'm actually having fun taking care of my house, garden and selling my fruits.

BrettG
Ragelope

Postby BrettG » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Currently raging at Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Not giving up though. haha

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:04 pm

Been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, haven't touched a Mario Kart game since Double Dash. Although I barely played DD back in the day which was due to a lack of interest in it. I've completed all of 150CC, Mirror Mode, and 200CC at 3 stars. 200CC has been a complete surprise. I was expecting a heavier version of rubber banding AI and instead got a Mario Kart take on what Sonic the Hedgehog was advertised as back in the 90's. Been thoroughly enjoying that mode. This game is actually tempting me to finally by bite my tongue and purchase Nintendo's online subscription service.

I've been rather lazy in terms of character selection. Pretty much have stuck to Koopa Troopa and found that the Pipe Frame/Standard Bike + Leaf Tires + Cloud Glider are my favorite kart combos so far. The only problems that have cropped up with those is when I'm attempting Time Trials and racing the ghosts.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:46 pm

first post in over a month? hell yeah

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:47 pm

In anticipation for the release of Dragon Quest 11 on Switch, I've been doing a Dragon Quest marathon, of sorts, over the past 2 months. What I've completed so far:

Dragon Quest I & II (GBC)
Dragon Quest III (GBC)
Dragon Quest Monsters (GBC)
Dragon Quest 4 (DS)
Dragon Quest 5 (DS)
Dragon Quest 6 (DS)

Currently playing through Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure (GBC) and, while listening to podcasts, a fisticuffs-focused run of Dragon Quest 8 (3DS). I would love to get around to doing 7, but time-wise I don't think that will be able to pan out. If I did do it though, I would have a conundrum in which version to do. I vastly prefer the translation of the PS1 version, but the 3DS version has quite a few QoL changes. If time allows, I might attempt to squeeze in Joker 2, but I don't know.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:32 pm

^ Shame that DQIV's party-chat is bugged on DS.

Citra supposedly supports Elminage Original, now.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:51 pm

Was it bugged in the Japanese version? Because if memory serves me they chose not to implement the party chat in the localized DS version (even though it was supposedly already translated). I believe they did include it in the mobile release though.

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:39 pm

I finally bought a PC! And a bunch of games on sale this summer, which should last me for a while. (Most of them indie/adventure stuff.)

The Stanley Parable was cool. Not as revolutionary as I had heard — going meta is a common trick nowadays, and other works have impressed with more by their meta-ness (?) than this one. But the character of the narrator was cool and I liked how funny and unpredictable the endings were! (In spirit it reminded me a bit of a good Twine game, only with 3D graphics?)

I liked VA-11 Hall-A very much — great soundtrack, atmosphere and characters. (Dorothy's my favourite!) Not much interactivity but hey, it's a visual novel.

Right now I'm playing The Talos Principle and enjoying it very much. And Etrian Odyssey IV too! It had been a while.

✿

The last DS games I played were ナナシ ノ ゲエム a.k.a. The Nameless Game (never officially translated or released in the West, but there's a good fan-made English patch) — the 3D survival horror parts were basic (having to run away from ghosts while wearing 50 kg cement shoes), but the idea of the cursed game within the game was very well executed, some parts were truly scary and disturbing, and they managed to make that little chiptune melody genuinely haunting.

And Flower, Sun and Rain which… was both pretty bad and pretty interesting. And very postmodern. I liked the crazy scenario, originality and weird atmosphere. But it's also openly a deconstruction/satire that makes fun of the main character and player — a lot of time is spent walking back and forth for no good reason while the other characters mock you (!), or solving pointless riddles with zero difficulty. It is funny, thoughtful and memorable, but a lot better as an artwork than as a game. I later learned I was supposed to have played The Silver Case before, I don't know if that one is better? … I want to say I like Suda51 very much, but the only truly great game I've played by him so far is killer7.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:56 pm

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”