Games you are playing

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Games you are playing

Postby PLA » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:30 am

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:55 pm

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Theresia
Ragelope

Postby Theresia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:53 pm

I finished Operation Babel Thurdsday. Party level was between 36 and 38, I had the same party comp of the beginning, the only exception was that I gave my Physician the Conjurer sub around midgame.
To get rid of the final boss I used Quick Code II, Five Stage Strike with Monk, Genocide with Warrior, while the Knight tanked everything. The Academic always kept Anti-Default up, while I used the Magician to get the benefits from Pandora's Box, finally, the Physician kept the party alive and swapped MP with the mage in order to have infinite uses of Pandora's Box.
I had a great time with the game, it's my favourite of the Experience Inc's games I've played so far; what I appreciated the most is the dungeon design.
I'm gonna get Operation Abyss for sure!

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu May 03, 2018 5:27 pm

Xenoblade 2 is a cute game.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri May 04, 2018 3:43 am

STEAMWORLD DIG 2 IS REALLY FUN

GhostsandDragons
Fenrir

Postby GhostsandDragons » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:55 am

Octopath came out last week! Splatfest got in the way but now that it's over I'm picking it up and it's a total blast! I just finished everyone's first chapter and I'm likin' Therion/Cyrus/H'annit/Tressa! Actually I'm liking all the characters they're pretty good in general haha.
The odds of finding me online are only slightly higher then finding a shiny pokemon

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:00 am

I've been playing a million SNES games I'd never heard of, might be set on video games for life actually

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:36 pm

Theresia
Ragelope

Postby Theresia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:45 pm

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:58 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:15 pm

^ All the Whatever;Something-stories are pretty hit and miss.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:36 pm

I finished Last Window about a week ago… and I was really impressed by it. It's the sequel to Hotel Dusk and it's very similar to it, but everything is just a bit better. The story is really moving, and there is more melancholy in the and visuals, which fit perfectly. The game is more linear, which is paradoxically a good thing (the weak point of both games is that they each take place in a single building; searching the same places over and over again wasn't fun in Hotel Dusk, but in Last Window you only really have to explore particular rooms).

I recommend playing Hotel Dusk first, as there are important references to it.

(The ROM you can find on emulation sites is buggy, the game freezes early at random points, and I know the game was not released in America — but it's worth tracking a cartridge down if you can find it.)

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:51 am

Hotel Dusk and Last Window are nice games. If you like the genre (mystery/puzzle/DS), I can also recommend Trace Memory, Again and Jake Hunter (which is about to get another installment I think?).
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Thank you for the recommendations! :)

Theresia
Ragelope

Postby Theresia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:58 pm

I just got Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, I'm liking it so even, even though it's far less polished the Operation Babel, no subclasses, no auto battle and the useful skipping feature for battle, but being able to touch the screen instead of mashing buttons during the fight make it still less annoying than other games, the drop rate of pieces of equipment seems less generous than Babel too.
The party I'm running now is: Warrior, Knight and Archer - might switch to Assassin - on front row and Academics, Wizard and Cleric for the back one.

I'm also playing Remember11, I've reached the 5th day in Satoru's Route and it's awesome, too bad I'm stuck into a bad ending (It's an... Infinity Loop! :P ) but skipping through both stories again shouldn't be too bothersome; the problem was written in the walkthrough relatively a specific bad ending but probably it can be applied to others too, or maybe the PSP version is a little bit different.

17600 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”