Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja Returns

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Vapour Trail
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja Returns

Postby Vapour Trail » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:01 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:11 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Vapour Trail
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vapour Trail » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:18 pm

masterofpsi
Ragelope

Postby masterofpsi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:34 pm

Farthest I've ever gotten was FL25 in the final dungeon.

*sigh*

Just another game I need to finish before the sequel gets localized. :wink:

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:07 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

masterofpsi
Ragelope

Postby masterofpsi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:31 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:38 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

masterofpsi
Ragelope

Postby masterofpsi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:06 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:38 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

masterofpsi
Ragelope

Postby masterofpsi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:54 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:03 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:46 pm

I was checking out the Izuna 2 wiki, and I'm pretty impressed. 5 towns and 11 dungeons, plus an additional 3 bonus dungeons for a total of 14. Decent sizes too. Shigen Plains, the first dungeon, is a tutorial so that's unsurprisingly short at 3 floors. But the next dungeon, Amakusa Cavern, is 9 floors. Not bad. [spoiler]Depths of Zekuro[/spoiler], the last storyline dungeon, is 19 floors so it should be less tedious than Singularity. (I'm not sure if the name is a spoiler, but I won't take chances, heh.) Looks like 15 playable characters as well, Izuna included of course. 7 different types of weapons, not all of which are usable by all characters. Also some characters are capable of inflicting status effects with their attacks. (The chart says "Character: Izuna / Special Effect: Breasts" . . . sigh) The characters that genuinely have status effects to inflict seem rad though. Shuuchi can inflict paralysis, etc.

Overall it's looking like a massive improvement over the first. Etrian Odyssey 2 would be my most anticipated game of the year, but since I'm close to beating it already (heh), this game has secured that spot. I can't wait :D

ryuzaki
Ragelope

Postby ryuzaki » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:48 pm

I was thinking of grabbing Izuna (the first game). How is it?
Webmaster of and Final Remnant

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:40 pm

Well, at first, Ryu, I didn't really like it. First impressions included 'too oldschool to exist' as well as frustrating and difficult. However, after giving it another try, I really got into it. You kinda got to accept first that it is a simple game but that it's very fun and that, more than anything else, you can not get attached to your items - and even if you do lose them, you gain better ones all the time anyway. (It does suck if you had it powered up pretty well, though.) Those are my impressions anyway. Izuna is the first game I've tried that's like this so I'm sure someone more experienced could provide better information.

@Vapour Trail:

OMG! That does seem like a MEGA-vast improvement to the first! :o I'm really looking forward to it now!

[] - [] - [] - []

ryuzaki
Ragelope

Postby ryuzaki » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:48 pm

ya I am gonna pick it up in a couple of weeks cuz right now I am packed with uni exams >_<
Webmaster of and Final Remnant

81 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”