Dokapon Kingdom

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:40 pm

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:03 am

So I registered at Atlus forums and was surfing around and apparently a lot of people especially in places which require bilingual instructions and packaging aren't seeing this game in stores. :[ Though I read that HMV doesn't require that stuff so since I've been having trouble finding it elsewhere, I'll check there when I can!

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:20 am

So I played it tonight with a small group and wow! This is by far my favourite multiplayer experience of the year! Our group had quite a variety of player types and each of us got into it quite easily. Someone suggested we start with Story Mode so I took her suggestion and within a few minutes we had already setup our characters and control methods! We had the option to use 1-4 controllers and any of three controller methods (Wii Remote, Classic Controller, GameCube Controller).

It didn't take long to understand that each class is very specialized. The warrior of the group had amazing stats and I never dared take him on in a fair match. The magician was so-so at combat but INCREDIBLY STRONG when using any magic she found. I remember picking on her, running away, then getting blown up by lightning from far away. Ouch! I chose thief and I love it. Of course they have the archetypical high speed, but they have a number of other abilities like the option to escape battles. Their most important ability allows them to steal items and magic scrolls from any player they cross; this saved me and the warrior from many magic attacks! Since the thief was the weakest of the group, I relied on picking on the weak to win battles. I begged the warrior to help me free a town and after he did most of the work, I killed him! Mwa ha ha ha! We unlocked the cleric but we never had time to try it.

Anyways, fun game. I'm a friendly person by heart and whenever I let that shine, my performance went down. Whenever I was crude and mean instead, I went much higher in the ranks. >:]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:46 am

:( I wouldn't have any friends to play with. Bah. <_< All the people at work would take one look at the game and laugh at me and go back to their sports games.

[] - [] - [] - []

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:02 am

It can be really hard to get someone not into that type of game to try it but when they do, it's hard to get them to stop! Haha, it was so addicted that I stuck around until the late hours of the night.

Gah. This game is so hard on those with good morals, though. It's just a game but I struggle to be cruel to my friends! If I'm nice, then they help me later. If I'm mean then I'm a subject for hired bandits/assassins, magic and chased around the map when I'm in danger. :[

I think the most memorable moment of then night was the caviarre epidemic. Leane the village girl gave the warrior caviarre to deliver to a village. Just before he arrived, I ran past him and stole it! Unfortunately I got paralyzed. >:/ Before the warrior could catch me I used my Random Shop Warp and escaped! From there, I became a sort of antagonist. The other players went by ALL measures to kill me so I'd drop the caviarre. It was REALLY intense at times. I had 21/90 HP and two players infront and behind me. I then just barely made it to Dokapon Kingdom, healed up, then on next few turns got some lucky spins and delivered the goods!

We all laughed because I got a measily 8000 G but we were also amazed at how deep that struggle became.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:13 am

XD God that sounds fucking great.

Nah, not me. This game sounds like something made for me. I'm a bit of a prankster. :3 In SSB I'd take people's kills, Zelda: Four Swords remains one of my favorite games. And off game even I can be quite rotten with playing jokes on people. ^_^ Once my sister's school closed for a snow day, but I woke her up and had her get dressed and everything telling her that school was still open.

I was FINE with the whole joke and was going to let her stand out in the snow for a few minutes while I stood and laughed at her but... I lost to my conscience when I realized how bitterly cold it was. I'm mean but not THAT mean!

So... yeah... morals... I easily suspend them when needed.

.... :( I really wanna play this game.

[] - [] - [] - []

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:33 am

Haha! Sounds like the perfect game for you, then. :D I envy your ability to defy morals. *___*

I'm now trying Story Mode without friends and it's reminding me how cruel someone can be. Princess Penny's dog Cash fell ill with poison and the king asked the players to find a certain NPC on the map to get the antidote. Player 2 reached her first, only to have me kill him and steal all of his items! Before he could recover I had already delivered it. >:] It's still a fun game to play alone but it's even better with someone else.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:21 pm

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:45 pm

(EO sprite templates )

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:44 pm

:[ There were very few shipments, especially in Canada. A lot of stores didn't get it at all... I noticed my game case and manual isn't bilingual, which is odd since everything I've bought usually is since it's a legal standard. so I'm sure they're trying to get the game shipped out to meet the demand. @____@

Still, not getting it even when you preordered? That's harsh... T____T

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:20 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:29 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:03 am

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:46 am

o: That it does. Though for games like Tales of Symphonia, they actually have a bilingual cover that comes off with a little work... to reveal the original!

47 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”