If you could pick any game for ATLUS to remake or release...

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Xeranath
Ragelope

If you could pick any game for ATLUS to remake or release...

Postby Xeranath » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:38 pm

What would it be?
This does not have to be a game originaly made by ATLUS.
ATLUS games that you would like to see localized count also

I would love to play the Eye of the Beholder trilogy redone by Atlus for the DS. I REALLY REALLY love those games.

The best thing about the original games is that after you finish EoB1 you can transfer your characters over to EoB2 and keep all of your equipment, items and experience. Then you can do the same for EoB3. I wish I could find a version that my computer would run but i would MUCH rather see this happen on the DS.

One thing, its one of the hardest RPG's ever created and the worst part is not having a map to guide you (on the PC version) and there is A LOT of backtracking. I would love to see what they could do with a little bit of a graphics update, some touch screen controls and use of a mapping system like on EO. The thought of it makes me all tingley inside, even though i know it will probably never happen.

There is a version of EoB1 for the GBA that is HORRIBLE!!! Its not even the same game, well it is kinda but the battle system has been completely changed, the sound FX sound about as good as my grandmother breaking wind, and the graphics are worse than when they were on the PC. Ehhh good thing i only paid $5 for it....

So how about everyone else? What title would you like to see Atlus put their godly hands on and remake?
Last edited by Xeranath on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~The Ragin' Contagion~

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:42 am

Don't know if this counts, but I'd really like to see a localization of Summon Night Craft Sword Monogatari: Hajimari no Ishi.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:47 am

That's the third game in the series, right? Oh yes, I'd love to play that game :)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Vapour Trail
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vapour Trail » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:01 am

A DS port of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers would be nice. I don't think I'd want a full blown remake of it, though.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:32 am

If it was like, Atlus literally remaking it, there aren't many games I'd want Atlus getting their hands on. Don't take this as a negative Atlus comment; they are the best at what they do and one of my favourite companies by far. I'd hate to see something like the Castlevania or MOTHER franchises all Atlus'd up. I disliked the art style of Dawn of Sorrow enough as is. :[

If it's not one of the Marl Kingdom games (they were supposed to localize Rhapsody but handed it off to NISA) then I'd love how they would handle something like the first Kid Icarus, especially if they strengthened the RPG elements. DS or virtual console would suffice. ^-^

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:41 am

I'm agreeing with Zandrena. Atlus is fantastic, but, they excel in simple niche games that are fantastic and unique and always attempt to offer something new but are never perfect... and often have MANY failures.

If I see them remake anything, it would only be the games that they've already released and just upgraded and improved.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:15 pm

*nodnod* But they should bring their own games over to the rest of the world. I'd like to see some of the Shin Megami RPGs.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Onigiri
Wyvern

Postby Onigiri » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:27 am

Do a remake of those nice Amiga games. As long as it would have Risky Woods, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!

( b^ .^)b o( º . º)o d(^ o ^)b o(º . º )o d(^. ^d )

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:21 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

AzureZeal
Ragelope

Postby AzureZeal » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:28 pm

I"d like to try out Disgaea DS. Seems like a pretty good game according to the reviews I've read.

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:32 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:40 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:31 am

has atlus ever developed a fighting game? Who developed Arcana Heart?

also I'd like to see anyone remake EVO: Search for Eden. It's the SNES game I hold closest to my heart (except for Super Mario World, of course). Atlus making it would be....interesting

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:18 am

Coming from someone who played the Japanese version on PS2 and in the arcade (Lilica ftw!) before it's US release, It wasn't Atlus XD

Examu developed it, and AQ Interactive published it.

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:05 pm

44 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”