If you could pick any game for ATLUS to remake or release...

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Vapour Trail
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vapour Trail » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:13 pm

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:30 pm

hotspot
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hotspot » Wed May 20, 2009 5:13 pm

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Wed May 27, 2009 5:21 pm

I always thought that it'd be nice to see a remake of the first Growlanser. Turns out Atlus is releasing a remake of it. I highly recommended to anyone with a PSP, since it's easily the best of the series. I've never played 5 or 6, admittedly, but it trumps 2 and 3 by a wide margin. 4 was not bad, though.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:57 pm

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:55 pm

hotspot
Ragelope

Postby hotspot » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:31 am

Rain
Hunter

Postby Rain » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:12 pm

Steam: ichangenamesalot
LoL: Stormcross

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:50 pm

Suzuricho
Ragelope

Postby Suzuricho » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:35 pm

I know that Gust is responsible for Atelier Iris, but Atlus is on the box to have brought it over to the United States. I'd love to see more of that series, especially a DS version. I like games with sprites instead of 3D models for some odd reason, and the battle system of AI was simple but it worked.

Other than that, I don't really follow Atlus much. I did like Disgaea, but wasn't that NIS? Maybe AI was NIS, too... I dunno, really.

Oh wait a minute. Is it true that Working Designs went defunct and some members went to Atlus? Is that just a rumor? I read something like this somewhere, but I don't know if it is true. Because I love the first two Lunar games and would LOVE to see true add ons to that series. Lunar Dragon Song was a joke.
Guild: Kyrina
Currently in: Etria

Kloitz - Landshneckt, Randalia - Alchemist, Ashe - Dark Hunter, Seth - Protector, Dimitri - Healer, Cires - Bard, Gremio - Survivalist, Hiroki - Survivalist, Junko - Hexer, Anita - Ronin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:05 pm

As far as I know, Atelier Iris was brought over by NIS, unless I'm mistaken. I believe the same is true of Atelier Annie for the DS. I've never played the games so this is purely what comes off the top of my head from seeing them in the gaming store.

Disgaea was originally brought over by Atlus (the PS2 versions are both Atlus) but then NIS picked it up and has been in control of it ever since, including other titles that are part of the same universe (ie Phantom Brave).

As for Working Designs, it's now GaijinWorks - I've never heard that anyone went over to Atlus.

And finally Lunar.. when I downloaded a demo onto my recently acquired PSP for one of the Lunar games, XSEED was the logo displayed. I would assume they are now in control of the series.

Let me point out that all of this information, minus the Disgaea parts, is all acquired based off of observation and no serious facts. It could be wrong.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Atelier Annie (DS) is by NIS, and so is Mana Khemia (PSP), so probably the rest of the Atelier/Khemia franchise is by them as well?

Yes, Lunar: Dragon Song was unfortunately not a good game. The story and characters were good, but the battle mechanics were so-so, and breakable weapons + no shops to repair them beyond a certain point of the game meant that it was just unplayable after a while. It was the only game I ever sold back (I have other failed games, but selling them back is just not worth it I found out).
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:42 pm

I remember playing a Lunar 2 at my mom's cousin's house (I dunno how that works relation wise to me, so forgive me... I guess she's still my cousin? ugg). Anyways, the game was phenomenal to me and I played the entire day.

I've never played the game since - never even seen it. I would like to find it and play it. I was hoping that the PSP Lunar was it... but no dice. *sigh*

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Atelier/Khemia/Tonelico everything is developed by GUST, distributed by NISA.

Disgaea 1 was brought over by Atlus but developed by NIS; NISA handled Disgaea 2 and 3.

Lunar is in control of XSEED for America and they're developed by GameArts; GaijinWorks has nothing to do with the re-re-re-re-re-make of Lunar tSS/SSS/SSSC/esesesesesesohgod.

[spoiler]The "second" Lunar is Eternal Blue for PS1. Finding it for a decent price is probably impossible. The PSP one, Silver Star Harmony, looks to be a rather good remake of Silver Star Story.

For the fourth fucking time.[/spoiler]

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:31 pm

I have Eternal Blue Complete (collector's set), but I never finished it, due to flip screen on my PSone dying during a time when that was the only screen I had (or, more correctly, that I was willing to use) for playing PS games. Never got in the mood to pick it up again after that, so it's just sitting in my game cabinet.

44 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”