Steal Princess

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:26 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:37 am

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:47 am

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:00 am

The only thing I've seen so far that's been particularly off-putting about this title is the pace at which the main character moves across the screen. I've watched a few of the gameplay videos out there and it just seems... slow. I'm sure that you can run also, but even waiting for a door to finish opening looks agonizing.

But the art is good! An' I love the character's design! <. <

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu May 14, 2009 2:08 am

http://www.atlus.com/stealprincess/excl ... /home.html

Isn't this a little too MUCH sexism??

[] - [] - [] - []

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Thu May 14, 2009 2:12 am

And you know why I've been unhappy with Atlus this year.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu May 14, 2009 2:17 am

It is starting to annoy me - A LOT. >_<

[] - [] - [] - []

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Thu May 14, 2009 2:21 am

I wonder if someone could start a unified complaint. Nothing like, flaming them. Just a chance to speak out and get a message across. My friends are also bothered by it. :[

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu May 14, 2009 2:24 am

I won't go on there, but, the mods on the Atlus Forums are actual Atlus USA employees (except for one MOD: Kakizaki). Why don't you hop over there and give a mention. I'd do it via PM, though, as I think any post made about this would just get torn apart by the local rabble.

I'm going to have another place to voice these sort of thoughts by the end of the month, so... I think I'm fine for now.

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu May 14, 2009 3:50 am

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Thu May 14, 2009 4:33 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu May 14, 2009 6:21 am

Yes, there is sexism in games, Zeta. That's not my problem. And if it's official art by the creators, there's not much for Atlus USA to be responsible for. However, when they send you an Atlus Faithful Newsletter and word a sentence as such:

"Every now and then, we try to reward loyal Steal Princess Survival Guide readers with a little something extra."

And give you a banner to click on for "bonus art" it's clear that the Atlus USA company itself is sending out a message "fan service for our male fans."

It wouldn't be so bad if, say, for instance, we got bonus art of P4 protag in a swimsuit or a towel (preferably with Yosuke beside him).

Though, personally, it then begs the question: why does bonus art HAVE to be fan service? A fuck awesome wallpaper not placed up on the website, that is of far better design and quality would be SO SO much more preferable. Or even a bonus game trailer! Maybe a sneak peak at future to-be-announced news?

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu May 14, 2009 6:34 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Thu May 14, 2009 8:04 am

One of the oldest sayings: "Sex sells". It is still strong today, probably even stronger. :[ When I go to check up on my webcomics, 85~% of the ads I'll see are hot chicks, lesbian action or just flatout breasts. Seriously. A real example is a pair with the words "Like what you see?". The actual source had nothing to do with any of that. Just a cheap way to gain hits.

It's ironic because my favourite ads (which usually lead to quality work) have a nice, clean, gentle piece of character art or like with early comic books, a shot of an intense moment that makes the reader want to find out what's going to happen. Cute art is also nice but it might have limited appeal. :x

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Thu May 14, 2009 2:26 pm

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but what's the difference between Atlus' tacky fanservice art (which I'm not a fan of either, I should mention) and the yaoi thread in the NSFW forum, other than that the former objectifies women, and the latter objectifies mans? Wouldn't the images in the yaoi thread count as sexploitation on the same grounds as any of Atlus' crappy fanservice art?

Edit: Also not an Atlus fan. I never got what the big deal was with them. They do release some good games every so often (Etrian Odyssey, etc.), but most of their games are terrible. I don't get the hype.

Just wanted to put that out there so that nobody feels I'm defending them, or whatever.
Last edited by Vapour Trail on Thu May 14, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

38 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”