Knights in the Nightmare

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:34 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:36 am

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:41 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:12 am

The PSP version is down to $14 on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new

Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Doktor_Q » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:25 pm

You guys just reminded me that I need to play this. I got the DS version for Christmas last year, but after totally missing the tutorial, I haven't touched it again...

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

ClefdeSoll
Ragelope

Re: Knights in the Nightmare

Postby ClefdeSoll » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:32 pm

My girlfriend bought this game last year and got seriously discouraged at the length of the tutorial in the beginning. Now she's thinking about selling it back maybe, and I was wondering if it was worth it enough for me to snatch and play it instead? Could I get a feedback or something?

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:05 pm

well it's a very highly rated game critically, and all of my friends who played it loved it, so ya

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:52 am

This game is one of the most beautiful and fun that I've ever played. It's a pity that your girlfriend couldn't even make it past the tutorial. Seriously the lengthy tutorial is necessary because the game, once started, EXPLAINS NOTHING. So even though it seems daunting a bit "good god, can't I play the game YET" *shrugs* You go ahead. You try and play the game without the tutorial. Even once I started the game I remember replaying a few tutorial stages because I couldn't remember a particular element.

[] - [] - [] - []

ClefdeSoll
Ragelope

Postby ClefdeSoll » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Can you tell me a bit more? Like how does the game work, is there a story, etc? I never put it in my DS or anything, I've only seen the front cover (I didn't even read the summary or anything) yuinjoml OTL

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:39 am

Sure!

The game has a story, yes, and a very good one. The character you play as a wisp is the soul of a slain king... who finds the bodies of his slain army along the way and with their help piece together the memories of what happened. It's a very back and forth story between past and present and it's NOT presented in timeline fashion. So it says "9 days after some event" it's up to you to remember and piece together the events in your head.

Now the "finds the bodies of slain army" part is crucial to how the game is played. On the bottom screen you control the wisp with your stylus and "repower" these slain bodies as you come across them. And if you give them an item you received from a previous map you may get to keep them and add them to your personal ghost army at the end of the map. The rest plays out as a bit of dodge-the-bullet. The enemies on screen throw out attacks to try to hit your wisp and if you run into them it takes away from your time (which is sorta like HP but not quite). ... I would like to go into more but you remember that LOOOONG tutorial that your girlfriend hated? This is that.

:3 The best way to see if you would like to play a game though is to see gameplay shots in my opinion. Here, watch these videos:

(spoilered for length)

There are detraction points for the game: "character face direction" is the biggest. :\
Each class has only two directions in which they can face (though the cavalry character is the only one who can face in multiple directions in one of his two states). So certain areas may make it impossible to use the class you want. And then you have to be careful because certain classes "jump" spaces when they have attacked - which means they might not be affective for long. Also the max level and then the fact that you could only use a particular character for so long before it could not longer be used (they are ghosts, afterall... every action causes them to slowly fade away...)

Still, it was a gorgeous game and I still pick it up to play it. It is also a LOOONG game (which to me was a bonus). Seriously, give it a whirl. I was not disappointed. As for the tutorial *shrugs* if you think you can play without it, go ahead and try. You can come back to it at any time *snickers*. Though I'm not kidding when I say the game does not teach you ANYTHING once you are playing. It expects that you HAVE played the tutorial.

[] - [] - [] - []

FukoHimeSama
Ragelope

Postby FukoHimeSama » Wed May 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Fuko have DS and PSP should Fuko get which version desu ka~?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
56 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”