Knights in the Nightmare

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Rodger
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Rodger » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:29 pm

You know, I knew this game would be complicated going in. I played the demo/tutorial when it came out on the Wii. That was what made me decide to get the game in the first place. But damn, this is nuts.

The destructable terrain completely went unnoticed until I accidentally destroyed some and I only recently noticed a Leveling option in the main menu. I'll have to keep that in mind if I run into a road block in later scenes. I just beat the first boss and recruited my first knight now that I know how to do it. Spent some time upgrading items too when I realized I could.

Liking the characters/art style.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:11 pm

My words of advice: READ THE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET.

Things I missed not reading but read later:

- You can hide with with the L/R buttons - this reduces damage taken by half AND while it still wastes time, if you accidentally trigger a knight, you save their VIT.
- "Grazing" gives bonus EXP (if you are unfamiliar with the term, it's the term used in Touhou games - and probably other shooters, but I don't play them - when you skim the side of a bullet, not hurting yourself) - the wisp turns "blue" if you are gazing properly
- You can jam a special attack when a number appears on an enemy if you rotate the number fast enough (treat it like phase change).
- Same applies with changing an enemies' elemental weakness.

[] - [] - [] - []

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:34 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:02 pm

:3 I'm always kinda afraid that I'm going to fill out my Kill Matrix before I've destroyed the barriers - so I focus on destroying them first and kinda just ignore the enemies. Though, lately I've been hitting them more and more in the same attack since it's becoming harder to kill them a little. :\ I think I also need to level up a little more. I think I'll spend some more time in the leveling maps.

:( Wish I had more time to spend on this game. I hope my calendar clears up here in the near future!

[] - [] - [] - []

Chaos_Striker21
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New to the forum and just got the game myself.

Postby Chaos_Striker21 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Hello and good tidings, Chaos_Striker21's the name and if the glove doesn't fit, I'm not to blame.

I found ya'll through a friend of mine and was perusing your forums and happened upon this topic.

I'm only on act 14, but here's a few tips I've figured out:

Got extra items? Either fuse them to raise the durability OR break them down to get components for upgrading.

Having a hard time getting that Warrior even close to an obstacle that contains that key item for that sweet(insert character class here)? Switch out for a lance knight, move him within range and bring back the warrior. Takes a couple of turns but using the More EXP option makes it worth it, almost.

Be wary of upgrading items past a 75% success rate. a failure to upgrade and the durability goes down. hit Zero and poof item gone. Personal experience has led me to believe that 70% isn't too likely to hit.

Playing on easy mode? during the first several acts, feel free to opt out for the More EXP option many many many times. You really do not need 26 turns to kill that one level 5 spider do you? make sure you kill meter is near finished though.

When fusing weapons, only the same ones work(even in the same weapon class), a Handmade bow + a Gatling bow won't work but 2 handmades will. +lways fuse with the same +'s, what I'm trying to get across is that a +1 axe and a +2 axe equals a +0 axe when done, But a +2 and a +2 equals 2 still, same bonuses and more durability, which is the only reason to fuse.

In order to use the higher level items, you need to increase your knight's maximum level. How you ask? Trans-soul will increase a knights max level cap, give them more levels, regain some vitality, and improve there CI and LI. If you can Take a Higher level knight and fuse it into a lower level. This will give the lower level a decent jump in its stat's/level.

Scout the mission out. Just found this out myself today, sigh so many items lost oh well. Use the battle set up screen to find out where key items are by stylus-ing over them on the lower screen. You'll see a green bar showinf if an item or KEY item is there. Place your warrior accordingly

Gl HF NO RE K THX BAI

ciao ciao
"People that complain have too much time on their hands." Tony Napoleone

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:37 pm

"A friend of yours"? You know, you could just come right out and say "Hey, Maxine/Penna is my friend, I was surfing her forums after she threw her links at me." XD Or did you want to keep it a secret?

Meh, either way, welcome to my forums! ~_^ It's great to see you here and I hope you enjoy it. Introduce yourself properly:

Well, I defeated Scene #40something. Still working on this game but my resurging passion for Izuna and now Shiren has caused me to put it down. I'm not done with it yet, though. Still madly addicted to it.

I wanna hurry and finish it so I can switch to Normal mode and play properly. :O THERE IS NO CHALLENGE NOW!! I NEED CHALLENGE!!

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:29 pm

My advice: Don't suck. Be hardcore.

[spoiler]My copy could practically be considered NEW if not for the fact I opened it T.T

Sadness.[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 pm

^_^; why did you buy it then if you weren't going to play it?

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:44 pm

I'll play it eventually.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:48 pm

Uh huh.

You've been saying that a lot lately.

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Pretty much. I have a huge backlog of everything. I even spend a lot of time just not doing anything, which is sad.

I need someone to like force me to do things ... but then I'd rebel or something exciting and awesome like that.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:13 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:28 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:33 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

56 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”