Atlus USA announces Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey

Talk about video games not related to the EO series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

beekee
Ogre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby beekee » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:02 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:37 am

[spoiler]That was pretty much how we figured things to be. The stats there were used to indicate their preferences in combat. But ... it just doesn't seem to be the case. Would've been nice and would've given an extra layer of difference between characters. Oh well.

And it's not TOO bad for stats. I mean, if you have a low BR in tLR, you'll just see stat gains. A lot. As to _what_ you gain, however, it's just kind of random. If the fight is "hard" enough, though, you can see gains in all your stats in one fight. It's not like "crap, my melee characters are all caster stats T.T" will happen but you'll definitely have cases of their Magic growing and you really have no idea why. Besides, Weapon Attack is pretty much more important if I remember.

Random is bleh. Reminds me of one of the Gameboy SaGa games where Mutants can just randomly learn new spells. With limited spell slots. Awesome >>.[/spoiler]

The ironic part of that random debate? Once I unlocked Double Down in Strange Journey, I never took it off. Ever. Skill Morphing every level gain is just awesome(ly broken).

beekee
Ogre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby beekee » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:32 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:03 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:46 pm

finally got enough time to finish the game at around midnight.

Got the Lawful ending which was pretty..... well...

GAWWWWWWWWD

[spoiler]Yeah, was that supposed to be a good ending?

It looked more like religious brainwashing taken to the extreme if you ask me.[/spoiler]

I might just play it again to get the Neutral ending.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:52 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:35 am

82 posts

Return to “Video Games Discussion”