Why Are You Happy Today?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

2436 posts
Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Why Are You Happy Today?

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Not the best quality photo, but here's my Banshee.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:57 am

My first day of college was radical, my teachers are cool and I have way more free time than in highschool, in addition, I get to learn about things I actually care about. So I'm pretty happy about that right now.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:03 pm

Curry Senpai: I know that feel :)

Finally done with exams, the second semester is going to start on Monday, and I finished with an essay:

Define the concept of virtual and its applications in corporate communication, business and arts.

I used the professor's course material (he did mention Hatsune Miku in his lecture), and a couple examples in video games, movies and so on.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:08 am

Zeta got me a copy of La-Mulana, and my comic store turned a shipment of ruined Scott Pilgrim books into pins and the guy that worked there was like "we basically made these for you."

I had a super long busy day (basically no breaks from 7:30am until 10:00pm and I still have an assignment due at midnight even though I just wasted an hour.)

The game and pins made me happy and kept me going today. Also, this week's issue of The Walking Dead was off the chain-hook.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:13 am

La-Mulana: what's it like?

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:52 am

I'm too busy to play it or Starbound, which I also recently bought. I'll let everyone know when I do get the chance though. (It's Nerdten's favorite game and he's never given me a bum steer before, so it's probably super cool.)

The last game he made me play was Jet Set Radio, and it made my top 10 list even though it's objectively not that good of a game. What makes you fun, you mysterious creature? WHY DO I LOVE YOU SO?

-PLA

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:36 pm

Jet Set Radio Future is a lot better than the first one, would definitely recommend playing it if you enjoyed the first one and have an xbox floating around.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:40 pm

I don't, I'm waiting for a pc version.

#pcmasterrace

(Just kidding, it will never come out...)

-PLA

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:33 pm

Just got an iPod Nano. Now I can listen to good music in my car whenever I want. |3

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:19 pm

That was quite a day, and it wasn't as bad as expected.

I was prepared to not have judo practice today because of my Customs and Marketing classes, but it finished earlier than expected.

Decided to go to practice, even if I didn't have my outfit I managed to do things like warming up. Try to train on that thing wearing a minidress: http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2010/1 ... ball.jpg... XD

And... I got my yellow belt! That was totally worth the efforts and going to practice to coach a bit the beginners :3

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:54 am

I am happy because a particular member (Trifkin) of this lovely community is a God damn incredible person and mailed me a shit load of books for my classroom.

Seriously. One of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me, and for my students. Trifkin is, and always will be, one of my personal heroes.

(And if she thinks I'm not going to mail her whiskey and literature, she can think again.)

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:20 am

o//////////////o

I had way too much fun picking them out. I'm glad they arrived safely!

I'm happy today because I found an out of print collection of short stories by one of my favorite authors! by Alfred Bester. For $1! Happy Trifkin is ecstatic. Also! My roommates have left the building! Our lease is up on February 10th and they've already started staying over at their new apartment, so I get this place allllll to myself. No cats trying to loudly out-alpha one another, no yappy little adorable dog keeping me awake, no people constantly around to demand my attention. Bliss? Yeah, I has it.

And soon I'll be moving to Pasadena, Texas to stay in a house that I absolutely love because it belongs to my grandmother and I have many happy memories there.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:31 pm

It came....

*drools*

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:56 pm

Oh, you figured out how to get it?

Looks gorgeous...

-PLA

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:16 pm

well i sure misread maxine's post

2436 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”