Recent Purchases Thread

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

4960 posts
Cottontofu
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Recent Purchases Thread

Postby Cottontofu » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:01 am

I bought some candy today O-O
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:30 am

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:20 am

I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:24 am

Got Super Mario 3D World.

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:39 am

I got Monster Hunter 3 on the 3DS.

rip summer

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:33 am

I have no interest in Pokemon, but I have to ask, what the hell is that? I get the figure, but what is the deal with that ring thing with the blinking lights?

Based on the image from that Amazon link, I guess kids are supposed to wear it on their wrists and that it maybe has something to do with an arcade game or something (that machine it shows it interfacing with).

Edit: Ninten, have you played a Monster Hunter game before? Also, do you have a CPP?

Edit 2: Also, if you don't already know, if you care about having optimal sets late game, make sure you get the charm table you want when you start. The game never mentions that these even exist, but they can make or break your potential sets later.
Last edited by Apolloncrash on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't Die.

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:24 pm

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:07 pm

Even though I haven't played in awhile, I consider myself pretty knowledgeable (I have~320 hours in MH3U alone, and I've soloed most of G Rank without much trouble), so if you have any trouble or want an explanation of any mechanics, feel free to ask me. Though I'll only be able to go in-depth on Long Swords, Switch Axes and Gunlances, given that they are basically all I use, I can still give general pointers for fighting specific monsters. I know a lot of people really struggle with the game early on, usually because they try to play it like other action games (which doesn't work) or they simply misunderstand the way something works.

I would also HIGHLY recommend that you get ASAP. It is basically a one-stop-shop for data, like drop rates and hitzones (you'll really need to know the latter too). is also incredibly useful for coming up with armour sets; though you won't need it for a while it is an absolutely invaluable tool later on.

Finally, I will repeat myself, because it is very important. Before you start, look into charm tables, pick one, and make sure you get on it.
Don't Die.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:29 am

Worth it just for Serious Sam, that game's a blast to play with friends.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:22 am

I have Random Encounter, but I've not played it. I've only played First Encounter all the way through. Getting a group and setting it to serious difficulty with infinite lives is the only way to play.

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:56 am

I just bought Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, but that in and of itself isn't exactly interesting, so I decided that now would be a good time to show off my EO collection.

I am aware that the photo is terrible, since I took it with my laptop's webcam (which was very awkward). For that reason, here is a list of the contents:

Games:
• EO (AU)
• EO II (US)
• EO III (US)
• EO IV (US First Print)
• EO IV (AU)
• EOU (EU)

OSTs:
• EO OST
• EO II OST
• EO III OST
• EO IV OST

Doujin CDS:
• Sekaiju no Kyoshin: Melody of Etrian and High Lagaard
• Sekaiju no Omocha Bako
• Nisekaijuutaku

I really want the official CDs I don't have, but I just can't warrant the purchase due to the ridiculous Cost:Track ratio.
Don't Die.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:11 am

That's a pretty swell collection you have there, Apo. :D

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:54 pm

Great collection! (I only have Etrian Odyssey I & IV, so I kinda feel like a scrub at times)

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:50 am

My cousin and I both had copies of Arena, but we didn't like it as much as the NGC one.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

4960 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”