Introduce yourself here! Or say farewell!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

7812 posts
PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Introduce yourself here! Or say farewell!

Postby PLA » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:58 pm

The basic premiss of Persona is that human ideas and feelings can wander off on their own and manifest in various ways, even growing into whole minds of their own.
The recurring theme is that a particular lump of such ideas, manifesting as butterflies and velvet, likes to give teenagers JoJo-stands, to help humanity figure out what it wants.
The recurring question is "to what extent does humanity, as a grand sum-collective, want to die?"
And that question is answered by observing which side of human mental totality can beat the other in a fistfight.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:09 am

Sounds about right. Yep

[] - [] - [] - []

Cottontofu
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cottontofu » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:08 am

Welcome newcomers and have fun !3 And I'm back!

PLA: One of the best explanations about the Persona series.

Since I'm curious about Persona Q, it means that I should also do my homework by playing P3 and 4 beforehand. But right now I'm having so much fun with SMT (the main series).

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:02 pm

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:26 am

See ya guys for the weekend!

Midday tomorrow me and my two sisters are going to be driving off to King of Prussia (second largest mall in America). Been a trip planned for the last few months for the Christmas season.

~_^ And leaving the computer home (but not my 3ds... I need something to do in the hotel)

XD I'M GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!! Mostly looking forward to spending time with my sisters. <3

[] - [] - [] - []

cosecant
Ragelope

Postby cosecant » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:18 am

well, where do I begin...

I came here to search more people who talk about EO(particularly etrian mystery dungeon at the moment), and while I won't probably stay here forever, but I am trying to enjoy my time on here as much as I can, and I hope I won't leave any bad tastes to users here.

nice meeting you all.
i know absolutely nothing

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Hiya Cose! Welcome to ItL for a short while :)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

ausExplorer
Ragelope

Postby ausExplorer » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Hello there,

Typically i'm more into games like Pokemon and Fire Emblem and didn't really know what Etrian Odyssey was before i picked it up.

My introduction to EO was EO4 and not knowing anything about the classes and what they each do... i got my ass beat pretty soon after entering the dungeon.

I went looking for videos online and was surprised to find very few (thinking back on it now EO is not really good viewing for the masses.) but I found a playlist of Etrian Odyssey which lead me to buying Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl as i have a thing for playing games in order.

SO at the moment my EO4 playthrough is on hold until i finish Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl and hopefully by then I'll begin to wrap my head around the best classes and sub-class skills for that game :-\

I have a feeling I'm going to have a few headaches trying to figure that out.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I look forward to hanging out here more.

ausExplorer.
3DS Friend Code: 1247-0012-9187

Currently Playing: Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl

Games I own but yet to play: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Welcome, cosecant, ausExplorer.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:18 am

^_^ Back from my trip! My god so much fun but I'm so damn TIRED. I felt every bit of my 30 years out there over the weekend. My feet were constantly hurting! I'm so glad that I have a desk job because tomorrow I'm sitting with my shoes OFF.

The highlight of the trip was definitely the hot tub. Saturday morning I soaked my feet while my sisters took a dip. Then that night we came back early exhausted and me and my first younger sister took a dip. Stayed in for about an hour. My god it was heavenly. We ordered pizza and took showers and then we decided to go downstairs to the hotel bar and ordered us some drinks! Tried vodka for the first time in an appletini. Not as good as rum-based drinks but still another one for the books. Went back to the room and crashed in our beds, haha. Today we split up and got what we wanted for each other while doing our best to avoid each other.

For the love of all that was holy, I forgot my cellphone. I remembered my charger BUT I FORGOT MY CELLPHONE! .... really annoying having to buddy-up with one of the others and it made things a bit awkward.

I've got all of my Xmas shopping done, though. :3 Feels good. I hope everyone likes what I got them.

Edit:

Oh, oh. I'm forgetting the two new peoples! *waves arms excitedly* HI-HI'S TO THE BOTH OF YOU!! ^_^ Welcome to the forums, and even if you are thinking of only a short stay, I hope it's wonderful, but maybe we will find a way to entice you to stay. <3

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:25 am

Hiya Ausex :) Welcome to ItL!

You don't need to have the optimal teams to play EO games. You can play the main game of each of the games if you have at least a reasonably balanced team (not for example missing a healer or something like that). Just pick whoever appeals to you. Even if it doesn't work out you can still change characters later on. The post-game is another thing of course. Those're usually much stricter on requirements.
Kimiko

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:01 am

Pretty much exactly what Kimiko said, Aus. One of the draws for the games is that they are hard without being too hard. I'm a really pathetic player but I've never felt out of my league. One of the best things about the games is the idea that you are switching the members out and testing new team members. There's no right or wrong... right up until you get to post game which is always optional.

Don't be depressed if you see a Game Over screen. You're going to see a lot of them. Everyone does. Game Over does not mean that you are failing.

[] - [] - [] - []

Outsethero
Ragelope

Postby Outsethero » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:18 am

Hello, everyone!

I'm going to start off by saying that I have barely played any of the games. By barely, I mean I owned EOU for a short while, tried out story mode and, after some other things getting in the way of my playthrough, never really got too far. A situation arose where I needed money and I had a friend who's SUPER into the series, so I sold it to him.

Fast forward quite some time and, at this moment, I regret that decision. Very recently I got into a huge EO mood, looking up more stuff about the games and wanting to get my hands on one /really/ badly. Specifically EO4 or EOU. I'm mostly interested in Classic Mode when it comes to Untold, however, as I am /really/ interested in the idea of creating my entire party and working around that.

I don't really have the money to afford either game right now, so I've been on a couple of sites trying to see if I could sell/trade two games I currently have to be able to get one. I have not succeeded yet. ; w;

I do feel like I'm really going to enjoy these games, and in an attempt to learn more about them and get to talk/read on them, I found this site! So, although I have sadly yet to get started on the series, I made an account. The forums seem really nice and, although not insanely active, I do think it'll be a nice place to chat about the series and meet people who love it. c:

So, yeah. Hello!

Outsethero
Ragelope

Postby Outsethero » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:55 am

Amazingly enough, I was actually looking into EO3 just now. In terms of the sale/trade websites I was looking at, I mean! I have already seen plenty of people who consider EO3 the best in the series and/or their personal favorite.

I was mostly interested in EOU because of it being the remake of the first game, along with the fact that EOU2 is [hopefully] soon to be a thing in the West and I'd feel weird playing that without having played EOU first. I was interested in EO4 because I had heard it's a good entry point, as well, and because of it being the latest in the series.

I do have to say I am /really/ interested in EO3 now. Very much so, actually. Especially due to your recommendation! [The fact that one of the people on this site has it with the Skill Chart also helps. xD]

It's nice to meet you, by the way. c:

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:34 am

Hiya Outset! Welcome to ItL :)

Hope you get some EO soon :)
Kimiko

7812 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”