Discussion Thread II: Bots? What bots?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

11697 posts
zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Discussion Thread: 2014 in Reflection

Postby zamisk » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 am

Hey guys. I'm still alive, but school and work are keeping me swamped. I have a lot going on and might not be as active here for a while, at least until I put out a million metaphorical fires in my life. Hope you guys are doing ok.

I'd like to catch up with some of you again, if I can find time I'll text some of you and see how things are going.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Hey guys, I'm also still alive, and school has been kicking my buttocks as well. I'm making time where I can, though O-chem and massive amounts of pre-cal and physics homework keep me busy.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:24 am

I just got back from a three-ish week trip to pennsylvania to see my girlfriend. was awesome. am sad to be back

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:38 am

o_o P-Pennsylvania. :O Noodles was so close to me!

^_^ Where at in PA?

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Pittsburgh, near the university

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:08 am

My parents are moving to a smaller, one-floor house later this month. It's also in a different town further from here. This week I'm going to stay over at their old house and help out with the painting.

A strange feeling that this will probably be the last I see of the town I grew up in and the house I lived in for ten years (13 years ago, but it's still so familiar) :/
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:14 pm

I wish we could restore life to the Discussion Section.

I'll admit I was an awful person for a few years and Garrett Deer Pub kind of ran rampant for a bit (I say the latter with no negative feelings towards him). Now I think we can have order and balance... but is it too late? You still see folks like Scy on GameFAQs, and a number of older members still talk to me on Steam and stuff (mainly Reynard). People have time, but little interest.

Is there anything that can be done? I love you folks and I know we have some life in the video game forum, but I kind of want some of the good times again.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:55 pm

I know what you mean. I've wondered too if we'd get back to the activity we had a few years ago.

We get some activity when a new game comes out, but that's kinda limited to the game's subforum. New members don't stick around or join the General forum, probably because there's so little going on here.

I don't know what to do about it really. It's not like I have a lot to say (more of a listener than a talker anyway).
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:48 pm

I understand. :( Whenever some little thing happens or I make some kind of tiny purchase, I'll post about it just for activity's sake... But after a while I feel like "Gosh, I am double-triple posting everywhere and I am just talking to myself." so I want to stop. @~@

It's nice to still have you here all these years later, Kimiko.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:33 pm

I'll do what I can to give at least a tiny bit of breath of life to here, this is pretty much the only forum that I can still come and post stuff. The others have literally died, which kinda makes me sad but eh, you gotta move on in your life.. right?

The thing with forums and specially games related forums as time goes on the amount of sticky posts with info and links to usefull threads just grows so long that its almost impossible for people to miss them so rather than making a post people just come and check the stickies for all the info they need and so on.

I'm kinda one of those who comes here mainly when a new game gets released but, there are some rare times that I'll pop up to say "hi" at least too. I'm just too much of an lurker/listener than an active poster/writer. <_<;

So eh... hows everyone? :)

Mole-chan I....

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:49 pm

I still lurk here lol

I kinda fell out of posting my senior year of high school because I had a lot of stuff going on, and never got back into the groove of things I guess. I'm just the resident forum creeper now ;0

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Also where did Kino go

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Mole-chan I....

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:12 pm

People are ephemeral. What I have to say is rarely worth saying, and rarely animating.

Edit: If Hong posts something in Discussion, it will likely be read, even if there's no indication.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:37 pm

I agree, we do need to try to breathe some life. I've become a lurker myself. Between work and working on my novel (I feel like I have two jobs) my free time I use to play games rather than post on the forums.

[] - [] - [] - []

11697 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”