Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

8284 posts

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZERS

wat
14%
PEWPEWPEW
86%

Total votes: 84

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:29 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:25 am

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:58 am

Maybe you could arrange to only work 2 days a week in a row temporarily for a while, and use the 5-day stretches to write?

I had no class today, but went to school at 10am, went to work at 3:30pm, came back around 9:30pm, and got home around 1. At least I caught the last bus and didn't have to walk home like last night.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:28 pm

My job isn't that flexible zam that I can alter my schedule. It's one of those jobs that they give you the schedule. The end. They don't let you only work odd days of the week.

[] - [] - [] - []

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:35 pm

Sometimes I wish I wasn't (the most tech-savvy person in family).

In the last week I've had to reinstall four computers, wipe clean a HDD, and now I'm sitting here installing missing ethernet controller drivers by means of another computer and an USB stick, since the target machine has /no means of connecting to the web/.

After that I'm gonna override Windows own EDID file, which is currently overriding the monitor's. For this, I might have to install outdated nVidia drivers.

Also, my only means of interaction with these machines is by means of texting my stepbrother, who just downloaded a file with his browser set to "open downloaded file" instead of "save downloaded file".

This file is going on the flash drive.

At least its better than the time I guided my friend through RAID using TWITTER. (he did not have an operating system - at all)
If you die in the Labyrinth do you die in real life?
[]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:02 am

That moment when someone who thinks they know shit stands up and tries to talk to you about something you care about and acts all know it all.

This guy that sits across from me on the other side of our cubical section frequently overhears my conversations with my deskmate at work and likes to jump into the conversation. Today I mentioned about the book I was working on - I can't remember but I think my coworker was teasing me or something - and he stands up and starts including himself in the conversation.

I hate judging people based off of appearance alone, but sometimes it's hard not to. The guy is a slob. Beer belly and everything. The best I can say for him is at least he doesn't have any facial hair.

He was like "oh, you're getting a book published?" I say I'm trying and make various random comments about trying to find an agent and all. And he starts trying to suggest that I don't do agents and then started trying to talk about publishers. I say I'm trying to aim for Del-Rey or possibly Daws. And he goes "You should totally do Random House." ....... *sigh* Really? No kidding, I think. "Yes, Del-Rey and Daws are both part of Random House. Del-Rey only accepts agents." Him: "Nah, nah, I'm telling you, you shouldn't do the agent thing. Seriously go with Random House. I wouldn't do Penguin." (Hint: Penguin is Random House.) Him "Or you should do this publisher. I hear they publish 9/10 books" And he holds up a COOK BOOK (wtf does he have a cookbook on his desk for?). And he kept going ON and ON: "Stephen King says that he didn't see any actual money until his stuff started to be turned into movies. Seriously, agents just take all of your money."

It was seriously just one of those moments I really just wanted to bash my skull in to put me out of my misery.

[] - [] - [] - []

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:27 am

^ Put him out of your misery.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:31 pm

^ PLA is my voice.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Partner is sick enough that she can't visit this weekend. I'm missing her and worried about her health. I'm feeling kind of dead inside right now.

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Surprise visit her with chicken soup?

[ | | | | ]

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:39 pm

I probably would but, costs of buying a plane ticket the day before aside, this is the weekend that my sister is visiting from Texas.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:54 pm

I wish my family would stop bailing on plans that involve me. they never bail on my brother, or my sister, but when it involves me, theres always some problem.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:49 pm

Zypose, have you told them that? If not, do you think they'd try to change if you did?

Unrelated complaint time! I feel very alone.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:59 pm

Oh please, whenever i tell them things like that i get in trouble. I'm not allowed to complain. I'm not allowed to show sadness in this house.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:06 am

Well that's just bullshit. You deserve an explanation other than that you're not allowed to complain.

Unrelated complaint: It's so unbelievably nice out in Minneapolis right now I mean holy shit. I want to put my summer rims back on but goddammit I know that the moment I do we're gonna get Second Winter(tm) dumped on us.

8284 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”