Discussion Thread II: Bots? What bots?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

11697 posts
Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Discussion Thread II: Return of all of the veteran ItLers

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Banks are severely allergic to responsible behavior.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:59 am

I need some advice!
I have a really cool friend but she's kinda poor and has kids, but she's really into Clannad.
As a Christmas present I was thinking of purchasing it for her on Steam. I know she has a steam account because she has mentioned in previously in conversations about video games.

>< Except I don't know her steam account ID!

Suggestions? Or am I just stuck trying to somehow elusively get her ID from her? She goes by K.L.Dimago in most of her IDs (and her book: http://www.kldimago.com/ ) but Steam didn't get any hits on that.

[] - [] - [] - []

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:16 pm

^ Ask her for it in writing. Keep it in triplicate for when she takes you to court. :3
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Maxine, when you buy it as a gift, you can send it to her email instead, as a code. Then she can sign into Steam and activate it. Should be an option as soon as you click "buy as a gift" or w/e

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:38 am

What Noodles said a week ago.

I'm helping!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:14 am

It's alright. I'm glad I didn't see that information. ^_^;; I discovered after prompting her a bit that she actually deleted her Steam account because video games were getting in the way of her writing....

So, yeah. I'm.... going to resist. I don't think she would appreciate the game as much as I assume she would. Welcome to the life of career writers.

[] - [] - [] - []

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:08 am

Wait, like, actually deleted her entire account? Damn, do career writers often throw their money into open flames? Or am I misunderstanding?

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:52 am

Since she's rather poor, I doubt she had many games.

As for career writers often throwing our money away... *looks at her own backlog* Probably. *hits head* And I'm not even published yet. I can't even remember the last time I played a game guilt free. I just realized the other day I put a bunch of games on my christmas list and I'm now thinking "when the hell am I going to get time to play them?" Between working my normal job and then coming home to immediately start writing I've not even gotten half way through Tales of Zestiria. *cries*

I don't have kids and I live with my parents and my mother usually does the cooking. I'm lucky compared to most actually.

[] - [] - [] - []

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:47 am

A backlog is a whole different league than deleting a Steam account is what I'm saying. I mean, you could always just uninstall the client and backup your savefiles, there's not much of a need to actually remove any and all purchases made there ever, not until you hit 'required intervention' levels at least. Then again, if she didn't spend much money to begin with, it's probably fine.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:02 pm

Deleting is like the opposite of keeping. :3
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:56 am

Hey, can I advertise a friend's indy games on here somewhere? I forget if we have rules against that.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:35 am

Promoting something your friend did is a lot different from being an adbot

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:39 pm

[ | | | | ]

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:06 am

Thank yoooooooou.

A Shakespearean-themed tactical swordfighting game for two players. Have you ever seen The Princess Bride? You remember that fight scene between Inigo and Wesley? This games feels a lot like that. You pick out a repertoire of techniques and then spend the rest of the game trying to outwit your opponent. Surprisingly deep.

A silly little co-op party game for two to five players. Try to steer an out-of-control locomotive to the train station without crashing and burning. Easy to learn, fun to play, and quite inexpensive.

11697 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”