Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

8284 posts

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZERS

wat
14%
PEWPEWPEW
86%

Total votes: 84

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:11 pm

..........(but they do all play the same?) I dunno. Since I 100% agree with his comment maybe I'm not the best one to assuage you, but it's still the same sort of comment I would make - not to tick off a whole franchise but that's just how I feel.

Go to new town > fight in gym > catch new pokemon > go into countryside but can be interchangable with cave > reach new town > rinse and repeat.

The same four moves only per pokemon. Same battling system. Geez, even the Shin Megami Tensei series (which is SOOOO CLOSE to a pokemon game) switches it up now and again.

As for him being louder and more obnoxious, I tend to agree he's a bit off but... christ, I think he's still trying to cope with what happened! I think he's forcing it and over-forcing it a bit because of that. I think his plague videos and the one with the pirahna was probably the closest I've seen him to his "real" persona and him being genuine.

His two Undertale videos he's annoyed me a bit.

[] - [] - [] - []

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:15 pm

Like I said, I really wouldn't have been so pissed had he stopped before he went on, but he did and just the tone he had was what really ticked me off. Pokemon have come so far since its creation, yeah, they have a base to go from but they're not the same. There's also a lot of fun spin-offs, including Mystery Dungeon, Trozei, Rumble and now the upcoming Pokken.

I dunno, I guess I'm just so offended by it because Pokemon holds a very important place in my heart, what with having so many fond memories of it, both old and new. Mark's comment made it feel like he was insulting me as a person and I really don't like it.

He was already giving off that vibe before it happened, had it only been now I wouldn't have mentioned it because stuff like that changes one as a person.

Speaking of, I don't watch Undertale. I've been meaning to play it blind, but everyone and their grandma is playing it and can't shut up about it and I'm honestly loosing so much interest in it.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:08 am

Well no one's perfect. I won't deny that he can come off strong sometimes, but I've never felt that it's ever been so far off. I've not gotten any strange vibe. Then again, usually I'm too busy laughing my ass off at him. Plus I don't watch him all that religiously. Maybe I'm missing things in the videos I have skipped.

I can understand when someone talks down about something that you care about a lot. I've got a few things like that. I get it.

[] - [] - [] - []

Curry-Kohai
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Curry-Kohai » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:11 am

I can't really say I like DnD 3.5 or Pathfinder much, but a lot of people I know think of them as the best things since sliced bread, and generally don't want to play other ttrpg systems. It makes me sad, and almost kind of angry?

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:24 pm

I don't heal good anymore.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:28 pm

Who said it was appropriate to pee in public, in a crowded train station? Couldn't you just wait to find a bathroom to do your business?

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:50 pm

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:08 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:02 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:40 am

curry, you actually missed the era when Maid RPG was popular on this forum...that was like, 2009-ish

Anyway, I do immensely love Pathfinder, but I do agree that the mechanics are very hard to approach from the outside and really easy to manipulate so that you have a "christmas tree" character covered with magic items and situational bonuses/penalties that give big gains but are a drag to keep track of every round

5e and other systems like Savage Worlds are a lot more accessible and fast for general fantasy role-playing, and sometimes that also means they are more fun

The biggest problem with any RPG, of course, is that it's hard to find people to play with...lol...

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:55 am

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:34 am

My biggest problem with both Pathfinder and 3.5 are the myriad of 'trap' options. Essentially, there are a huge amount of feats and features you're more than allowed to take. The problem is that most of them are sub-optimal, in the sense that an averagely built character can perform better in combat, despite the game being centered around combat. Of course, a GM can fix this through giving the player things to help them. But that's not something I feel a GM should need to do.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:51 am

With the exception of perhaps ranger, there aren't really any "trap" options in 5E. Um, pun unintended.

Ranger is... Ranger could probably have some work done on it. Which as a GM I have tinkered around with a bit, but none of my players have really been interested in the class, so I haven't put much effort into that.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:01 am

That's largely due to the lack of supplements as of now though, not quite out of design. That being said, fifth is definitely better in that regard if we're only looking at core. My biggest pet peeve of five is the skill system, and how it works like 4e instead of using ranks, something I thought was the biggest flaw with fourth.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:29 pm

with pathfinder i just do the thing where join a bunch of feats together. like making all of the "improved [combat maneuver]" things one feat. also dodge->mobility are prereqs for a huge amount of things for some reason so i just make them one feat. also, combat expertise and weapon finesse are innate functions of weapons/combat rather than feats

8284 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”