Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

8284 posts

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZERS

wat
14%
PEWPEWPEW
86%

Total votes: 84

noodles
ItL Moderator

Re: Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Postby noodles » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:54 am

THE AGENTS OF CHAOS

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:41 pm

They clearly need more emeralds.

[ | | | | ]

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Windmills are putting too much steel into the atmosphere. Better burn more coal to fix it.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:20 pm

cant have any of that politically correct clean energy getting in the way of my golf courses

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:30 pm

Oh is this the de facto USA administration reaction thread?

That's great because Betsy DeVos is a fucking disaster of a pick for Secretary of Education. I don't know what I expected but still. I have no idea why conservatives are so obsessed with school choice, other than I guess actually improving the public education system would necessitate massive federal reform and that's not usually a thing that Republicans go for. That and no one wants to negotiate with the teacher unions. Anyway, charter schools are great (I work at one!) but they've generally been created by small, individual entities that want to utilize different methods of education. In practice their greatest advantage to children whose public school education options suck is to provide them with a smaller, more supportive environment where they can succeed. They're solutions to the public school system, so focusing on expanding them is just an excuse to not even bother with public schools. Also does DeVos realize how lucky you have to be to get a kid into a charter school in NYC? It's insanely competitive to get into one there and admissions are almost always done through a lottery system. Yeah public school enrollment is at an all time low (less than 50% I think), but public education should never be a punishment because that's literally punishing children for no reason. Parents are fleeing public schools for a reason, and you'd think that fixing the public school system would be a priority for one of the highest-ranking officials of the federal government. Plus, I would imagine privatizing education most negatively impacts rural America, which is just a giant fuck you to the people who basically gave DeVos (and conservative politicians) the position.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:40 am

I'm pretty sure most of the shit regarding republicans and their idea of school reform is either

A. low-sophistication urge for wealthier people to have more options to get their kids away from economic/minority groups they dont like

or (probably not)

B. high-sophistication legislation and rhetoric that ensures americans in conservative echo chambers don't get good educations and keep believing in the ideas that gets republicans elected

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:06 am

Yeah A is probably their primary motivation, in addition to opposition to federal regulations in general, but B is a useful side effect for them.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:48 am

So, y'all just deciding that the president holding on to his private businesses is cool? OK.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:01 am

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:06 pm

Just caught a cold, I can't stop sneezing and using an unhealthy amount of tissues.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:37 pm

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 3326625792

Someone shut this man up. Why doesn't he have a handler who can take his phone away? Some kind of responsible adult in the room?

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:25 am

once he is president he won't be able to tweet unsupervised. won't be able to delete his tweets either

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:45 am

I don't mind about you guys talking about politics, but would it be better to do it in a dedicated topic in the Debate & Serious Topics section?

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:25 pm

AH, yeah, that's what I originally said I was gonna do anyway...when I stop being lazy. I'll see if I can move everything

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:25 pm

He wants a second chance to "keep the oil", whatever that means, in Iraq.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

8284 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”