Discussion Thread II: Bots? What bots?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

11697 posts
ziron
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ziron » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:49 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:57 pm

ziron
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ziron » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:00 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:32 am

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:34 am

God, you're sexy, noodles.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:48 am

-_- So, I'm depressed. I [s]think[/s] know that I flunked my Java final.

I only managed to finish one out of the three programs. Even jumping between the two others it was just stupid shit that I couldn't figure out. Worst part of it is, it was shit that I THOUGHT I KNEW. Shit I'd been tested on before and got correct. So, I didn't bother relooking at it.

<_< I'm not happy at the moment.

Though, *sigh* I think despite that, I still managed to pass the class. It's either going to be a high C or a low B. I'm leaning towards low B but it will be a close one. -_-; So humiliating.

I'm going to calm down, stop crying, and later on (prolly tomorrow) load up my flash drive and break out that test (it was a handout we could take with us) and try to figure out those final two.

As my mom loves to throw at me "I bet when you figure it out you won't ever forget it again."

When I've calmed down and can think properly I'll deal with the forum issues... OLD and NEW. 'Cause right now, you wouldn't get my good or professional side. So, you've been warned.

@ziron: that line wasn't addressed to you specifically, however, if you want to label yourself as a "problem" that's fine by me. Makes my job that much easier down the road.

You were a welcome part of the community when you were around this past summer and we would like for you to stay and to keep up that good record.
Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:55 am

My friend had this project for ECS 30 (C) and he was only able to finish like 1/5 of it.

Yeah, He was pretty depressed.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:56 am

<_< most of the time I'm good with the projects. On tests that's where I excel at, but I dunno what happened today. And there was nothing new in the material -_-;

[] - [] - [] - []

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:00 am

My calculus 21b final had a problem that no one could do. That was sweet.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:35 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

epicurius7
Ragelope

Postby epicurius7 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:41 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:08 am

^_^; If I have the codes in front of me and can reference things, it comes easy and naturally, but trying to code off the top of my head.... and I fail dismally. -_-;

[] - [] - [] - []

epicurius7
Ragelope

Postby epicurius7 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:13 am

Yeah, writing down code in exams - not fun. In exams, I basically had to doodle and scribble out the problem, then re-copy it neatly on to the next page.
As I'm sure you've noticed, programming's a non-linear, iterative thing. Code is rarely correct on the first try, though it's fun to see how much of a program you can write up-front and get to compile and run without errors. It's always a shock (coupled with suspicion) when something works first time.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:22 am

And the best part is you could look at someone's code and then look at another's and though they accomplish the same thing down to a T, chances are there's no way in HELL their code looks exactly the same - variable naming aside.

I really LOVE coding and LOVE Java. That's why this final was so humiliating for me -_-;

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:32 am

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog ... is_tonight!

Keiji Inafune live on webcam tonight 9PM PST/12AM EST :D

11697 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”