Top 3 Most Wanted Games

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

543 posts
scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:06 am

*shrugs* If we're arguing over fights as a time waster than I don't see how the less time spent is not "better." Input that doesn't change (i.e., I attack with these, debuff/nuke with that, and so-on and so-forth) is just as monotonous as mashing A for me (rather, more because it's now a few extra menu button presses assuming no Cursor Memory option).

At that point though, it's choice on which you'd rather do. Frankly, I couldn't care less about what I do with random_encounter_01 given that there's Boss/Boss-like encounters that are hard/warrant actual thought.

But, perhaps I'm easily entertained and/or harder to lose interest (seriously, you've stopped playing a game due to random encounters?).

[spoiler]You can die in Rhapsody? wut? :)[/spoiler]

Quite frankly, it sounds more like a "I don't like turn-based RPGs" rather than "too many random encounters T.T" deal.

Edit: To clarify, I quite enjoy random encounters in, say, a Tales of game or Star Ocean (or FFXIII for now). I do get the lack of input = boredom since I played FFXII (Gambit autoplay go!) but at the same time, I can't agree with "input for the sake of input" on making things interesting (EO, CoH, Dark Spire). If anything, the latter is more annoying to me but I like streamlining things so ... yeah (yay Cursor Memory features!)

Frankly, random encounters don't really get to me which may be why I've never taken this "I FIGHT EVERY STEP" mentality and can remain more neutral on it *shrugs*. I don't mind turn-based combat so random encounters aren't so abhorrent abomination to me either.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:16 am

Oh. You wanted an argument? Fine. I think Metal Gear Solid is a rip-off of Mega Man X.
[spoiler]There is one moment and only one moment in Rhapsody when it is impossible to die. I remember those three armoured folks that had to fight clones of themselves to fulfill their dream-thingy and without a healer I was actually starting to lose. Then I remembered the game overstocked me on items and suddenly it was too easy again.[/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:37 am

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:04 am

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:33 pm

No. It is because they are more vocal about their negatives towards the series. Clearly people are still looking forward to new releases, but with skeptical remarks before anything positive. This happens with very popular things on the Internet. I can use Halo, Final Fantasy VII and World of WarCraft as examples. Me and Kimiko have even spoken about the series a number of times, in particular giving hopes to Four Warriors of Light.

Like I said, just a lack of understanding.

Also. The remark about tough characters is also referring to tough characters by design. Not by numbers. Basically saying fans want a main character like Beatrix. Lightning looks like a step in the right direction, being based on Cloud. My opinion on the matter will be revealed when I get around to playing it.

In addition.

Consider that this is an Etrian Odyssey forum, which drew fans of such an obscure title. The more obscure, the more anal people will be about something that is popular. If they flat-out hated it they would not post about it so much. Especially out of nowhere.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:54 pm

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:22 pm

[s]he probably thinks I'm a man or somethin[/s]

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Don't scare me like that, noodles.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:34 pm

543 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”