Recent Purchases Thread

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

4960 posts
Rain
Hunter

Re: Recent Purchases Thread

Postby Rain » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:02 am

\o/
\o/
\o/
Steam: ichangenamesalot
LoL: Stormcross

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:29 am

Human centipede

It had to be said

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Radiant Silvergun.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Junkers Come Here
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Yoonah
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Yoonah » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:23 am

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:48 am

;__;

I I I didn't want to

-PLA

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:14 am

You guys need to watch Daniel Tosh .

Rain
Hunter

Postby Rain » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:29 am

A Serbian Film is worse.

n00born p0rn.

._.
Steam: ichangenamesalot
LoL: Stormcross

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:56 am

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:06 am

-PLA

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:08 am

My package from SteelSeries arrived today. Merely seeing the box with the SteelSeries logo got me looking forward to unveiling the contents. From inside the box I have acquired the SteelSeries 6gv2 keyboard and SteelSeries Siberia V2 headset (red). I will provide a brief performance review below.

6gv2 Keyboard
From the moment I began to type on the 6gv2 for the first time, I immediately felt nothing like I have before from a keyboard. It was a strange sensation at first... to feel this kind of response. After I had poked around at it and typed a few gibberish essays, I immediately began to get a feel for its immense level of responsiveness. There is really no other way to describe it. It is a keyboard that utilizes golden mechanical switches with minimal travel distance... it provides an experience of over 50% faster responsive time compared to other keyboards, and so far it feels much better than other performance keyboards such as the Razer Blackwidow Elite. Its only fault is it very ugly and I would prefer if it had illumination. Also, I wish they would bring the function keys closer to the number keys. Not like it is noticeably far away... it just seems like such a shame to have those at that distance where they become a poor choice for macros and programming.

8/10. -1 for looks, and -1 for travel distance between the function keys and the rest of the keyboard. Still, it offers performance good enough to discard my philosophy of fashion > function.

Siberia V2
The other item is the Siberia v2. With what I had heard before trying this product, I expected a poor listening experience... and fortunately I was clearly given the wrong information. As far as listening to music goes, these push out superior sound compared to my rather expensive Skullcandy headphones. As for gaming and entertainment, it truly feels like I can hear sounds from all around me. It is much easier to pinpoint the precise location of specific audible ques and threats. To my pleasant surprise is a pull-out microphone located on the left speaker. It can be manipulated to accommodate any sort of head shape and distance, and has excellent integrated noise cancelling. I should mention that there is a control switch on the cord for both the volume and microphone. Also, they are comfortable to the point it is easy to forget one is wearing headphones. The design, that relies more on weight on the head as opposed to clinging to the temples like a parasite, is ingenious.

10/10. It could not get any better than this.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Your experience with the keyboard being so sensual, for a moment I thought I was reading one of Sampson's stories..

As for me,

Starship Operators
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:02 am

Picked up a pair of s at one of those airport Best Buy vending machines recently. Like others in the Beats line, bass is emphasized. They're good for the sort of music they're , and the pads provide good isolation for plane cabins, noisy streets etc., but they'd be a pretty crap choice for accurate reproduction of classical and jazz at home. (Just the fact that they're closed back disqualifies them for home use in my book.)

Oh, and the build quality leaves a bit to be desired.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:22 pm

The Tyrant Falls in Love volume 2 finally got back in stock!!

Bitch had been out of print for months, and I had volume 3 standing by so ffffffffffuuu.

But! Finally it was back in the warehouse, just when I'd given up hope.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

4960 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”