Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

8284 posts

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZERS

wat
14%
PEWPEWPEW
86%

Total votes: 84

beekee
Ogre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rant/Complain Thread: QQ moar

Postby beekee » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:48 am

I think most people kill themselves because they think they will turn into angels and that will make them better Christians.

In seriousness, I don't believe people commit suicide because they think it means something, i.e. they have a moral or political theory about it. Suicide attempts result from severe desperation; the victims feel their suffering is unbearable so they seek relief that appears otherwise impossible.

No offense meant to you, I get what you're saying, but I feel worn when people ascribe all sorts of ideologies and intentions to suicide victims as if it's a political stance or lifestyle choice. Suicide is a tragedy, and we don't want people doing it. But it's important that we understand why it occurs.

Heathers, indeed!

Emrin
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Emrin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:56 am

Well I don't understand why someone would commit suicide if they thought that everything would be okay. But the point I'm getting at is why gay teens commit suicide, I'm not talking about anyone else committing suicide because indeed others have greater reasons for ending their lives far quicker than they should. I don't think that gay teens should look at the world as only willing to accept them if they died. I don't like that they go off and tell other gay teens or other homosexuals to live strong and to never give up but then go on and kill themselves. I don't get what happens in a homosexual's mind that makes them even accept the fact that suicide is the only way to go. Like I've said earlier: death will never occur to me because I know that I can change people's views of me if I continue to live and if I continue to be happy with myself.

Rain
Hunter

Postby Rain » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:01 am

People commit suicide because they don't want to fix their problems anymore, as it's become so unbearable. (Attention whores don't count.) They're tired of it and want to give up. Kind of like how sometimes, you give up on your homework because you're so tired that you'll just submit it regardless of whatever grade you think you'll get. I think people's reasons for suicide are pretty much the same, though the actual problems are different, they don't want to deal with it anymore so they kill themselves, regardless of whether they're struggling with their sexuality, depression, or some other problem.

Also saying others have greater problems than dealing with their sexuality is not appropriate. Sure their problems may seem, to you and me, insignificant, but it's rather insensitive and it belittles their problem, and that is not helping their case at all. Just because someone is starving in Africa doesn't mean that struggling over someone's sexuality, because it's against the norm and they are hated for it, is an "inferior" problem.

Obviously it's not a solution, but if you can steer them to a better path, perhaps they won't end their lives. Actually, I'd think that less people would be committing less and less suicides in relation to sexuality as in the US, it's becoming more widely accepted.
Steam: ichangenamesalot
LoL: Stormcross

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:09 am

beekee
Ogre

Postby beekee » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:12 am

Rain
Hunter

Postby Rain » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:16 am

Steam: ichangenamesalot
LoL: Stormcross

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:19 am

Probably you guys should move this to the serious topics forum so that it doesn't crowd out peoples first world problems.

Meanwhile, Imma drink a screw driver and play LoL.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:26 am

beekee
Ogre

Postby beekee » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:28 am

Hmph. You internet people have all the drunk fun.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:48 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:56 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

beekee
Ogre

Postby beekee » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:58 am

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:00 am

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:20 am

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:33 am

Well, I should correct myself--one SEMESTER. xP I'm still getting used to not having to take a math course all year now.

I also have to take this one history course that teaches us how to research. Guess what they do, which makes total sense: They put us into an actual history class so we don't get bored to tears (everyone hates the research class, but sucks it up--even teachers agree it's not fun) and switch majors.

I'm hoping I can somehow make my courses in my major focus on both US History and Ancient history (I haven't decided on who, for that section), because after the Romans fall, I just get a big blur until about 1880. xD

EDIT:

...wanna knock my roommate out. He needs to stop singing those songs on his headphones. =_= It defeats the purpose of not letting others hear his music, if he's singing off key under his breath--which actually annoys me more than singing outloud. xP

8284 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”