Introduce yourself here! Or say farewell!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

7812 posts
Fuukamimi
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fuukamimi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:36 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:36 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Fuukamimi
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fuukamimi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:41 am

PlattyisFatty
Ragelope

Postby PlattyisFatty » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:41 am

Last edited by PlattyisFatty on Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:42 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Voodoo
Ragelope

Postby Voodoo » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:44 am

madonna
Fenrir

Postby madonna » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:45 am

PlattyisFatty
Ragelope

Postby PlattyisFatty » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:45 am

Midarian
Ragelope

Postby Midarian » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:47 am

Paranoia
Fenrir

Postby Paranoia » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:10 am

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:01 am

As an outside observer, as I've not been around and I've not really done much posting on this forum, I would judge from the evidence to hand that Maxine has done the right thing. Every locked topic available in the trash can has been totally blown out of all proportion, normally over something very small and insignificant like having to pay for a pre-order (which in some stores does happen, and in the UK, some stores ask for a little extra to reserve a title) or over something as simple as a "steel bone" being weird.

It would seem that the moment Kakizaki finds something to disagree with over Maxine, he would flag it up in public and then try and destroy her posts and her opinions in the most trollish of fashions. A troll doesn't have to be someone who attacks people with Catturday attitudes, but it's someone who's relentless and does not give up. Which is exactly what Kakizaki was doing. Granted Maxine wasn't giving in either by responding.

However, when she didn't respond () and let the issue drop, at the first chance for a sarcastic and "witty" response it was posted.

Additionally, attacking people over the usage of a acronym is ridiculous, it's an irrelevance if PCB is a three letter term used for a circuit board if it's not in relation to that subject. In The Legend of Zelda Community, MM is used as a acronym for Majora's Mask, but in the majority of the metric world it's used for millimetre and in the stock market it's used for Metal Management Inc. Does that mean that a website worth over 70,000 USD is incorrect by using that terminology? No. It means that the language has evolved, and it's the correct use of words for discussing that Zelda game.

A prolonged personal attack is called harassment, and legally speaking (in the UK at least) you can be prosecuted or harassment, even if you've not even spoken to the person you're harassing. So the justification behind his banning, be it a temp ban or a permaban is there. The rational is sound.

Finally, as this is the internet, you have no rights. As I pay for this server, I could say that you are only allowed to post in capitals, and have a script that forces it so. I could forbid anyone to use images at any stage, and I could make it so. It wouldn't matter what you, the user thinks, because this isn't America, or Europe where free speech and personal liberties exist. This is the internet, where there is no law and nation.

The only laws that surround the internet are in regards to viewing the internet, not the materials or rational that can be placed on it.

[ | | | | ]

seaweed91
Ragelope

New user

Postby seaweed91 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:41 am

So, it looks as though I may have stumbled in in the midst of a conversation, but seeing as this is a coming and goings thread, I figured I'd introduce myself.
I'm a new user! How are you?
So my introductions suck. Oh well.

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:48 am

Tell us more about you! What made you decide to join? Also, what was the reason behind your username? =D Tell more!

seaweed91
Ragelope

Postby seaweed91 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:03 am

Well, I joined, of course, out of my love for EO! With a cult classic like this, it's a bit sad that there's such a small fanbase...But then again, I suppose that's the definition of a cult classic. Anyway, I just recently stumbled across this fansite, so I decided why not join?
Keeping up with forums isn't quite my forte though, so I may have random periods of inactivity.
Oh, my username? Well, seaweed is delicious, for one thing, haha. Good source of calcium, too. It also has to deal with a running inside joke between me and a friend of mine.

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:09 am

Where does the 91 come from? Random number? Year of birth (1991)?

7812 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”