School!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1199 posts
PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: School!

Postby PLA » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:09 am

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:40 am

PLA is magic. And swedish.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:39 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Etrian Veteran
Manticor

Postby Etrian Veteran » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:13 pm

FC: 3952-7612-1296

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:03 am

My favorite part about registering for classes is not getting into any of the classes I want or need.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:48 am

hopefully that wont happen to me again

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:21 am

HISTORY TEACHER RANTS

Today he went on about how corrupt lobbyist are after making the class watch a segment on 60 minutes...
tomorrow its going to be about Inside Trades!!!
how fun..../sarcasm

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:20 am

Oh man. That feel when you find an academic document corroborating a point you wanted to spend some time on in your research paper.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Exams @_@

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:13 am

>Sees the word Scythian in this week's chapter for history
>SUDDEN ENTHUSIASM FOR COMPLETING CHAPTER OUTLINE

:D

MATERNITY SPIRAL

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:56 am

So, I'm really nervous about this class and all at the same time, very excited.

So I have only two classes to complete this semester in order to receive my Associates in Web Development, one of which is the final project the "aka internship" class, kinda thing. So, here's how it goes:

We will be set up with actual REAL clients. Actual businesses that need websites. They supply us with all the info and their pictures and tell us what they want and we create their websites for them (and at the end of the class our websites and material are automatically forfeited to them).

As if this wasn't stressful enough, we are going to be judged.
I had previously heard about a 'competition' that was held where students get their codes and sites judged but I had no idea that it was part of this class and was actually something I would go through. It was just one of those things I had heard students talk about but ignored. The winner gets an actual plaque and it's a pretty big to-do at the school in our department. We are judged on our codes and the design itself.

:3 Do I need to say that... I REALLY REALLY want to win? o_o Am I even good enough to win? *looks around the classroom* including me, there's only three others. Kinda sad, but that's fine. Less competition. But at the same time, ^_^; we are expected to help each other out, like colleagues and such. .... :[ I'm the only girl! .... what the hell T-T *sigh* And I don't recognize any of them... but that's not saying much. One of them could have been sitting beside me in a previous class and I'd never remember.

Uggg. It's all so stressful. The teacher will only sit with us during the FIRST client meet, and then after that we are on our own. o_o *gulp*

*licks lips* I have until May 2nd, the day of the presentation, though he says he locks the sites out the week before. *sigh* I get the feeling these upcoming months are going to be both dreadful and fun at the same time.

Oh, and the judges aren't just our normal teachers. They are actual people out in the field. Some of the students in the past have actually gotten employed through this assignment, and even if not, the whole thing is a great boon to our portfolio since we document every step of the way and every skill we've used.

@_@ *gulp* I feel like I could die. Right now. I'm not sure I want to do this... but at the same time, :3 I'm looking forward to it! I really hope to do a great job and maybe with any sort of luck I'll do good enough to win that award at the end of it ^_^ (and even better, maybe get some employment out of it, that's the MAIN thing).

*sigh* First project: to create a flyer for the night, using anything from photoshop to acrobat reader if we want. We will then look at what each other has, debate who has the best one, and that person will get some sort of reward (the teacher said some years it has been first pick of client, or one year who got to present first).

He is going to put up past examples but I've already got a few ideas started, some basic sketches (wish I could draw better), but I want to see the examples before I set the designs in stone. But at the same time, I want to get enough of my ideas down so I don't feel as if I might end up too influenced by anothers' work.

*licks lips* ^_^; L-l-let the games begin!

(side note: it was kinda funny. He was telling us how one year, this client wanted ALL GREEN for his website and how while the student did his best, it still looked awful and the teacher was explaining to us a polite way to suggest another idea to try to change a client's mind - though ultimately it comes down to WHAT THEY WANT in the end. ^_^; I'm sitting there thinking: "green? pffft... that client should have come to me. I can do green *snicker*. Aww, my beloved ItL. Give me a harder color palette. I'll show them how it's done.")

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:26 am

Neon tertiary colors gogogo

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:45 am

As long as it's neon green its alright XD
But that assignment sounds like srs business o.o You can win it, Max! \('v')/

On a sidenote....
FINALS WEEK IS NEXT WEEK FFFFUUUUU

MATERNITY SPIRAL

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:55 am

Math finals is tomorrow FFFFFUUUUU

I should like, stuCAVE STORY

Also, you have to use all three neon tertiary colors. Yes.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:59 am

>:] I"m going to give winning the competition my all!

Yes, yes, this is definitely serious business, especially when it's all set up to not only simulate a real world example of the work we'll be thrust into but ultimately IS a real world example. Whatever, I'm just hoping it turns into a fun time if nothing else. Those three guys had better not be fuddy duds. :[ I hope I'm not the only one trying to answer questions and shit. Especially when I feel like I've still got a million of them.

I think, though, these days, I'm leaning more towards pointing my focus towards PHP, Ajax, and SQL. I really found these two coding languages fun (well, sql is just a given since you can't hardly do ANYTHING without a database these days, so it doesn't count). I just can't really get into ASP. :\ I've tried to like it, but there's just something that puts me off about it. I think it's more complicated than it has to be in some areas and in others it's oversimplified. Meh.

^_^ But, I can't wait to share the stuff with you guys. Don't laugh at me, ok. Not too hard anyways. o_o *gulp*

[] - [] - [] - []

1199 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”