What manga are you currently reading?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

674 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:44 am

YukixKyo - Kyon is uke, Yuki is seme!! I DON'T WANT IT ANY OTHER WAY!!
TohruxKyon - Kyon is still the weak one with Tohru huggling him a lot....

I'm sorry. I can't help it. I'm a fan of weak-Kyon. (And forgive me, I've called Kyo Kyon so often that I will type it Kyon without even thinking about it, so for future reference IT'S NOT A TYPO or anything and I know who I'm talking about.)

But, yeah, I really wanna read the manga series because while I did get the massive spoiler, I've managed to miraculously avoid most other spoilers. Like I think the horse is a girl named Ren? Correct? And the rooster is a guy?

I've managed to keep myself that clueless. Somehow.

As for me and my loves - you've probably figured this out now but I'm kinda like one of those rotating doors - one love goes in, one goes out, but after a few more rotations it will come back in again.

Furuba is one of those loves that keeps cropping back up again at the strangest times. I'll be sitting there and OH! I WANNA WATCH FURUBA!!

<3 Aww, Furuba. So funny. To think when I downloaded and watched the first episode that I almost stopped when the Yuki-fan-club appeared. I thought "OMG, this is gonna be too much for me, isn't it?" But, I stuck wiht it and I'm glad that I did. <3

(And yes, I did download. But :3 I bought all of the DVDs. So I'M LEGIT!!)

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:54 am

;__; Maxine did you even see the image I posted?

Oh, I liked Yuki/Kyo, but Hatsuharu... <33

As for rotating loves... I suppose Sailor Moon might be like that? I really really liked it, and then I totally hated it. Now it's very nostalgic for me.

While I'm thinking on it, I really need to buy the newest volumes of Red River. That series... is SO MUCH love, which is odd since I don't usually like to read het stuff. Maxine I'd totally recommend it but, uh, yeah I'm at like 22 and counting. XD I always seem to fall for a long series @__@ but... but... Red River! Hittites! HITTITES! *squeal*

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:17 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Tsubasa will finish when CLAMP dies. True story.

[spoiler]Same with Hajime no Ippo (Volume like 80 now?) and Detective Conan (Volume ... like 66 now?). They won't end until "George" (Ippo) dies or a crazed fan murders Aoyama in a Detective Conan reenactment.

...the last one seems weird to say, what with him killing himself off in the omakes every volume T.T[/spoiler]

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:49 pm

Screw Tsubasa.

Seriously.
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:57 pm

So sad... so true....

I'm still amazed they actually kept CCS as short as they did. o_o

Seriously, they are great artists and they have a few good storyline ideas, but they really do just suck.

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:01 pm

I'll read TRC whenever they finish ... so probably 10 years from now.

[spoiler]If I can ever get around the mindfucks in it. They were all lying to everyone OH SHIT SON WHAT. It's like a constant series of Xanatos Gambits but not in the good way.

...speaking of Xanatos Gambits, hurry the fuck up Liar Game T.T[/spoiler]

Edit: This reminds me, has Inuyasha finally finished?

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:21 pm

OR IT WILL BE LIKE FUCKING X

OR LEGAL DRUG

OR ANY OTHER SERIES THEY GOT BORED WITH AND FUCKED OFF

Also; why must CLAMP only allow the creepiest pairings (like the elementary school kid and her teacher in CCS) and just cocktease we poor yaoi fans? DID YOU READ WISH?

HERE IS A SPOILER
[spoiler]
THE FUCKING ANGST KILLS HIM

THERE. I JUST SAVED YOU $40
[/spoiler]

I bought Tsubasa because someone told me there was Toya/Yuki in it, which there was. For like the first fucking book and then everyone flew off to fucking "let's take forever because Sakura has unlimited fucking feathers and its not like people want this shit to end EVER DURDUDUR"

gaaaaaarrghgh

Red River is awesome because shit happens and time actually passes. Rather than that whole "two steps forward nine steps back!" bullshit every other series does to artificially increase length without actually spinning story to go along with it. Same with Please Save my Earth, although there are entire volumes devoted to flashbacks... because that shit is fucking dense, yo. LOVE IT.

Gave up on GetBackers; it seemed to be of the "Never gonna end" variety. Also, no boys making out, and I went through a phase where I decided the only manga I'd buy and keep had that in it. A few exceptions, like Red River, but fuck I've already said that it has the bloody Hittites in it, what more do you want?

@cosplay

XD Thanks. My hair got all windblown by the time photos were taken. Also, I'm wearing contacts, and that is one of the few times you'll ever see me doing that.

Even with the giant cow people weren't recognizing me. ;__; This was before the fandom really took off in America, though....

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:27 pm

I don't mind long series. Hell, I've been re-reading Detective Conan from start to finish recently. Kind of misses some of the excitement, though, when I have every case more-or-less memorized T.T

[spoiler]Still, there's awesome parts like:

<3 Shinichi x Ran.

NOW FINISH THE FUCKING SERIES ALREADY JESUS CHRIST. There's been ONE romance sub-plot fully tied up (two I guess if Sonoko's counts?). Three if Kaitou Kid's side story counts but I don't think that ended.[/spoiler]

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:35 pm

long series are great, but they are rarely done right

it is usually just rehashing old stupid stuff for the fans like in DBZ or Inuyasha

EDIT: ARE THEY STILL ON NAMEK???
Last edited by noodles on Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Yeah, but you're just stealing it, Scy, so what do you care about the length? All it costs you is time. Whereas I have to actually go out and buy 22 volumes if I want to read all of PSME (which I totally do, and did do, because that series is crack). Even with my discount at work that's about 150 dollars. I have to be a little more selective about what I read.

You know what series is really cute and I was just thinking about it? Menkui! I need to read that again. It's short, only 3 volumes (which seems to be the standard length for shonen-ai stuff, sadly. Where's my big epic shit? Where's my big epic historical drool-fest? OH YEAH LUDWIG but that's sadly also 3 volumes.... ararrrgh!! I'd totally blow $150 on some epic Ludwig yaoi)

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Huh ...

Most the stuff I read is as it comes out (and/or not even available in the US). Only reason I refused to buy the Detective Conan manga is due to the terrible translation (I completely refuse the American names).

But, hey, whatever.

Edit: Speaking of Conan (File 696):

[spoiler]...I really wish that was a photoshop.[/spoiler]

Edit2: To One Piece Chapter 548

That is all.

Onigiri
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Onigiri » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:38 am

Oh, is chapter 548 of One Piece so terrible? Haven't read it yet...
only up to [s]545[/s] 547 now...
yeah, yeah.. downloaded the manga... sue me... I'm buying them all, little by little... so far, I only have up to the beginning of the CP9 stuff on my bookshelf... I will have them all, someday... (preferably asap.)
Last edited by Onigiri on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana!

( b^ .^)b o( º . º)o d(^ o ^)b o(º . º )o d(^. ^d )

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:22 pm

It's uh ... (Spoilers) (Like Seriously) (Really)
[spoiler]The "death" of Bon Kurei.

I mean, seriously, MAGELLAN MELTS PEOPLE. MELTS PEOPLE.

MELTS THEM.

/bye #2.[/spoiler]

In other news, started Bakuman, Obata and Ohba's next work. Kind of a weird direction after Death Note, to be honest; Bakuman's plot revolves around two youths "following their dream" in becoming mangaka.

Only 3 volumes in (of ~5 out) so I can't say much I suppose. Kind of weak on "twists" but it's an interesting read either way so far.

Onigiri
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Onigiri » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:44 pm

...just read up to chapter 548 on onemanga... (before reading your spoiler)
[spoiler]Bon-chan :cry:[/spoiler]
Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana!

( b^ .^)b o( º . º)o d(^ o ^)b o(º . º )o d(^. ^d )

674 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”