Pet Thread

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

162 posts

Who would you choose--your pet(s) or your boyfriend/girlfriend/hermaphroditic life partner?

My pet(s)
19%
My partner
56%
I wouldn't be able to choose
25%

Total votes: 16

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:49 pm

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:40 pm

mental image is ... well, I dunno if comical is the right word? XD

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:58 pm

:( So, my poor little Zoey is losing her fur again.

I say again because last year she lost a little bit of her underbelly fur and some tail fur, but it stopped after a month and grew back. It was worrisome but I thought "phew, all done"

T-T Now this year at the same time as last year, her fur is falling out again but this time on her legs. It looks so AWEFUL!! >_> I schedule an appt for her to the vet but that's not until the 25th.

But see, that's not really the problem. The real problem is I'm going to have somehow secure Zoey into a room with her own litterbox (her and Lily share) to get a ... sample that's HERs. ... this is going to be interesting.... <_<

I did an internet search and it seems that some cats have allergies that can do this. :( Poor Zoey has the worst luck in the world. She was sick the day we brought her home and every year she seems to catch a cold or something - one year she actually had pink eye!! o_o what cat gets PINK EYE?! I've never seen a cat with pink eye before. T-T I had to put this horrible gel stuff on her eye lids. It was so aweful. She wouldn't come near me for several weeks afterwards.

*Sigh* I just hope this isn't some form of mange or something like that. I hope it IS JUST an allergy and not something more serious, though how sucky....

Fuck, what could she have an allergy to? And the only thing that crops up into my mind for this time every year... mice. She LOVES hunting mice and every year about this time we start seeing a few since they are trying to come in from the cold. The good thing is we don't have to worry about setting up any traps or anything. :3 Zoey is DAMN good at catching mice.

Holy shit! There was this one time a baby mouse had gotten underneath the rug at the bottom of a stair to escape her, she worked her little ass off for the next two hours to pull that little piece of carpet off of that stair so she could get the mouse!! o_o I tried to pull her away and make her leave it alone, but she scratched me struggling to get out of my arms she wanted it so baddly.

:O What if she does have an allergy to mice?! T-T That would be very sucky....

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:23 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:46 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:49 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:06 pm

I don't think I ever did a follow up to this: turns out, Zoey is allergic to fleas and we have a mild case of them. They have sense been treated. :( Both cats have tapeworm, which I felt they were both becoming thin but we had chalked it up to them being stressed out by the pitbull.

--

NOW, however, I'm worried AGAIN because they are both sick. Zoey usually gets sick. It's not a big deal. And in fact she's already almost over her cold - she's sounding better and sneezing less. (Now I know enough about cats that they don't get colds, they get URIs, aka upper respiratory infection. Still, that sounds more aweful than it is so I still call it a cold. But, just in case someone wants to try to throw some cat facts at me - I already know them. :3 I love my babies.)

Lily showed symptoms two days ago and when I went to feed them this morning I found that she has discharge coming from her eye. I stuck them both up in my room with a humidifier going 'cause I know the air is kinda dry and I heard it helps. If we had some vicks, I'd have put in the vaporizer but we are all out.

:( I came home from work and her eye is looking worse. -_- If it doesn't clear up by tomorrow I'm going to call around some vets and see if any will see her on short notice. She is eating fine. This morning she was eating her food (that's where I found her when I went downstairs, she was complaining her food bowl was getting low). So that's a good sign. She might just need some time to muddle through it.

Still, she is sleeping right now and you wouldn't even know they were sick. I don't hear them having any breathing problems. And the aren't coughing, just sneezing. So hopefully this is just something they both have to muddle through. -_-;

IF IT'S NOT ONE DAMN THING IT'S TWO!! I SWEAR TO GOD!! >_<

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:02 am

one of the neighbor's cats has tapeworm, I suspect. I eats all the time but remains bony. The neighbors do not really care about it :(

I usually feed it and pay attention to it. Its meow is this annoying REEEEAAAAAAAA (and it sits at our door for hours meowing) but it is very sweet and just wants to sit in my lap

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:32 am

<_< The fucking tapeworm med that they sell in stores is like $25 for three tablets. It's fucking aweful. I was so pissed off when I purchased it.

Even the vet charged me $7 for one tablet for Zoey. (I bought the tablets for Lily who didn't go to the vet.)

But unless you get rid of the fleas chances are high that it's just going to get tapeworms again.

T-T Poor baby!! Oh, noodles, call the SPCA!! <_<

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:50 pm

My best friend moved out to a farm and is going to get a few barn cats to take care of the mice problem >__>

I will spoil those cats rotten when I visit.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:07 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:21 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:46 am

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
162 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”