Help Max decide: Wii vs PS3!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

204 posts
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:17 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:17 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:24 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:30 am

Well, from what I hear RFF actually falls in between RF1 and RF2... or maybe actually at the same time as RF2... since it's Ragna after the events in RF1.

>_< I WISH YOU WOULD GET IT KINO SO THAT WAY I WOULDN'T BE SPENDING HOURS SEARCHING FOR GAMEPLAY VIDEOS AND COULD JUST ASK YOU!! :P

XD

Either way, it has rekindled my passion for RF2 - not that it ever died, just that instead of playing one or two days here or there I'm now flying through the weeks again.

[] - [] - [] - []

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:31 am

DS for me. Starting with the GBA, portables have always been the most used. I used my GameBoy a lot for Game & Watch but that's about it. ^-^

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:49 am

GameBoy saw many MANY hours of Tetris, Dr. Mario, Link's Awakening, and Super Mario World 2. And then the day I got my GBC - o_o COLOR!! :O LINK'S AWAKENING IS IN COLOR!

That is one of my favorite memories ^_^.

:3 You know, my old GB still works, too. I plugged in the adapter and loaded up the old LA game the other day for kicks and giggles. Aww, nostalgia - but dear GOD that thing is heavy o_O;

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:08 am

I was never into portable gaming until recently. I do play my DS a lot, but my SNES.... I spent so many many hours with that system, even after the 64 and GameCube. I miss being able to play Earthbound anytime I wanted. Whenever we have the space for it, I'm going to insist on having the SNES in the house again >_>

And now, ON TOPIC! XD Sorry, but I hadn't read the full topic up to now >__>;; (This is totally not like me! I read every post, always...)

@Games list
- Katamari Damacy is out for the 360
- Resident Evil is out for the Wii

@No More Heroes
I looked into that when I first got my Wii, and it just didn't look like my thing. Maxine, you might like it. You basically run around with a wannabe lightsaber and hack things to death.

@Trauma Center
I have Trauma Center: New Blood which I actually think you'd like. Trauma Center: Under the Knife was the first game for the DS I bought, so I think I can accurately say that the Wii controls for TC:NB aren't especially bad. They might have the finesse of UTK, but they're perfectly playable. The best part about TC:NB is that it features a co-op mode. Co-op surgery is AWESOME. It helps knock the difficulty down if you're concerned with that.
There seems to be some venom directed toward Trauma Center on the Wii. Have any of you played New Blood, or are you all thinking of the UtK port, Second Opinion? Honestly, New Blood is a solid game, especially since it's only like $20 most places. I think me and you are fairly similar in what type of game we like, Maxine, even if we don't always agree on specific titles.

@the huge Derailment that is the Animal Crossing tangent:
Animal Crossing was the first game I bought for the GameCube, and I lost several months of my life playing it. I celebrated New Year's Eve that year in my Animal Crossing town o_o
But I can see how one could not enjoy it. Me, I loved it. It was a little pointless, and that was what was so great.
(But it is nothing like either HM or the Sims!)

@PS360/Retro tangent
I have a DS, Wii, PS2 and 360 in the house, no PS3. I was never into my PS2, though, it was largely a DVD player until Katamari Damacy came out. (And ya'll talked me into Persona <3) I've always been partial to Nintendo games, though, as that was what I grew up on.
If it matters to you, the PS3 is still a cheap BluRay player. That wouldn't be a factor for me though.

@Classic Controller
I have one, of course >_> The Virtual Console is nice, but I'm heartbroken that my beloved Earthbound won't be appearing on it. ;___; Dammit, Nintendo, I love you so much and yet you are SO MEAN to me!

@General Wii-ness
Are you only going to get one game? Depending on where you're shopping, you might pick up a couple of under $15 games. I would actually recommend Elebits if you can get it cheap (or rent it, actually, if you'd rather do that). That's the first game I played and it is a nice intro to the motion controls. Its like the cutest shooter ever, but you have a gravity gun... Slinging cars around is so much fun!

Seniwac
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Seniwac » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:26 pm

wiisux

enjoy your useless gimmick

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:10 am

Oh, I will.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:23 am

I like "waggle" controls. ^-^ I enjoyed Wii Twilight Princess more than the GCN one.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:11 am

*takes a deep breathe*

I think I really am going to get a Nintendo Wii tomorrow. <_< it bothers me that there aren't that many RPGs out for it, but from the looks of it there are a few that are coming out, plus by the time I can afford them, there's usually some that have been released.

I'm going to purchase RFF, of course. And then Clarissa said that she wants Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility. I was HOPING she would say Trauma Center... but that's fine. I hope it's a good HM game - and NO, I did not influence her. ^_^ She's as in love with HM series as me. Though I could never get her into RF - she hated the sprites of the game. Hopefully RFF will help to cure that.

[] - [] - [] - []

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:14 am

You should get Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I don't know about gameplay but that has the best overall presentation out of any Fire Emblem. Great music, graphics and character art. I prefer less-gimmicky gameplay, though. ^-^

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:20 am

Personally, while I was HOPING she would say TC, I THOUGHT she was going to say Fire Emblem. However, she has FE on the DS that she hasn't beaten yet, she told me. So, she doesn't want to have two FEs over her head.

... I want this more than I want the HM game, myself. The HM games of late have... SUCKED... (RF is my only salvation). .... She has stressed that if the store doesn't have HM in then she wouldn't mind having FE.

Therein lies my exit point. .... Don't tempt me, Elys. :P
I just know I'm going to be standing there staring at the wall of games with several in my hands while shuffling The Dark Spire and RFFrontier, trying to figure out what game "I" want Clarissa to get while at the same time trying to kill my conscience that screams "BUT IT'S HER GAME!"

x_x I'm not a very good older sister. *and is ironically the oldest sister of the house over her two siblings*

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:40 am

I've heard that Tree of Tranquility is better than the first HM for the Wii, but its still pretty lame compared to past HM, and if you're already getting RFF that might be farming overload.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:42 am

HM64 for Wii VC plz.

204 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”