Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

8284 posts

IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZERS

wat
14%
PEWPEWPEW
86%

Total votes: 84

Starfe
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rant/Complain Thread: u mad?

Postby Starfe » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:54 pm

That's a good idea. I think it would be easier for me if I had known when the bank was going to take back her house. It still had most of her things in it, including a journal she wrote specifically for me to read if anything ever happened to her. At the time, I tried calling the company to see about getting her things but I was given the run-around. Since her passing I have learned that much of her past and who she really was is and shall remain a mystery to me. From the way she spoke of it, that journal likely contained a lot of answers and probably a few surprises.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:27 am

Everything still left in her house after she died that we hadn't managed to pack up and stuff into her storage unit until I could muster up the strength to sort through it all. I couldn't get anyone on the phone about it, though I left multiple messages. Eventually I gave up.

Anyway, sorry to be a Debbie Downer! ^ ^; At least I managed to get out all the photos she'd saved over the years. Some really good stuff in there. And talking to my aunt and a couple of other relatives the last few years has filled in a few gaps.

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:51 pm

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:40 pm

I am really pissed off right now. My external HDD just up and died on me. I was watching videos off it only about 10 hours ago, but when I just plugged it in I got a "USB device not recognised" error. I have tried it in both of my roommates' laptops and their TV, but they didn't even recognise that anything was plugged in. I suspect it is probably the SATA bridge card but, as I gave my old one to a friend, I no longer have a HDD dock, nor do I have a desktop PC, so I have no way to check if the drive itself is okay. All of my important stuff was on my internal drives as well, but since they are getting very full lately, whenever I have downloaded anything of significant size I have put it straight on the external. This is just the perfect way to end the day...
Don't Die.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:16 am

Mom's in the hospital. Saturday night she woke up barely able to breathe at about 4am. I woke to hear dad shouting and mom speaking outside my door and I could hear the desperation. I jumped out of the bed so fast.

She's... "fine". There were so many fucked up events that night that I don't feel like recounting at the moment. I will do so eventually and over the course of the next few days or as I talk.

My mom's heart is just... starting to give up. That's 4 heart attacks now and she still doesn't want to listen to the doctors and do what she needs to do, including and most importantly stop smoking.

Outwardly there does not seem to be any problem with her, but I'm so scared and so worried. It was so close the other night. Damn, most people barely survive one. How many does it have to take before she gets it through her skull that she has to take care of herself. >_< I'm so sad and all I've done is spent the last few days crying. I'm just exhausted. I think they are releasing her tomorrow but we'll see.

[] - [] - [] - []

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:58 am

Broke up with my GF last Saturday. Felt a bit down that day, but I got over her pretty quick.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Dang, dude. At least you're feeling better now.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 am

*deep breath* Ok, my mom's out of the hospital and she's doing fine. She's on liquid restriction and sodium restriction and we are going to chase her to stop smoking.

Here's the story of that awful night.

Mom woke up at around 4am and couldn't breathe. I woke up and went downstairs and she sounded the way that I did the night I woke up with pneumonia and with my asthma. She was white as a sheet, even her lips were white. She was just sitting on the stairs struggling. It was HORRIFYING.

The EMT took 20mins to arrive. After ten we were like WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY?! My dad got on the phone with a 911 operator and you want to know what happened? OMG, SHE STARTED SCREAMING AT HIM! My dad was demanding to know where the EMT is and DUH we are going to be panicked and harsh - my fucking mom is laying on the stairs dying. My dad hadn't even raised his voice when she started yelling at him. My sister took the phone and it took her three times in her calm voice to get the woman to stfu. She was so pissed at the end talkign with the woman that she demanded to talk with a supervisor - and I'm screaming to just get mom the fuck in the car and let's get her to the hospital ourselves.

It was fucking insane bullshit.

And then the EMT came. This is not the first time we've had an EMT at our house. There's five people and we've all been rushed in an EMT before. ALL of them have always come in fully prepped. With medical gear and oxygen and everything the moment they walk in through the door and they've always been able to easily get us out of our house in a gurney. These JOKERS come in with NOTHING. They ask a million questions BEFORE they get my mom an oxygen tank. My dad was about ready to punch one of them. They then brought in a WHEELCHAIR and tried to get my mom to stand and get in it. THE WOMAN CAN'T STAND. My sister, a little 80 pound girl had to lift my 188+ pound mom to get her into the wheelchair because these two EMT guys couldn't do it. It was BULLSHIT.

They got her to the hospital and we're all pretty panicked and stressed and for the love of god... they take us all into this small room and we ALL got the wrong impression. I thought they were about to tell us my mom was dead. Fortunately the first words out of the doc's mouth was "she's fine". Didn't stop me from crying like insane when he left because I just needed to get it out. The relief, the stress, everything.

>_< OMG... o_o I'm... not ready for this sort of tragedy in my life. I'm so scared for my mom. I hope she starts taking care of herself. This is #4. Most people don't survive #1.

All I could do that night was get down on my knees and beg God to help her and save her. I thank Him that he did, that she's still with us for a little longer. Yesterday at work me and my sister we got there and we just couldn't stand listening to customers. We just got up and told our supervisor we were leaving (we have the same sup and I had already told her what had happened). At the hospital we got into a bit of an argument with our stubborn mom when the doc was trying to talk to her and she just wasn't listening. >_<

BTW, Magen ^_^ Thanks for the text. It was sweet and I loved it. I've been holding onto my cell the last several days so stressed and afraid with every text I receive. It was wonderful to receive something so small and so sweet.

[] - [] - [] - []

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:31 am

Oh man, hope you and your family all feel better soon, and that your mom listens to the doctors. That sounds rough for all of you.

-PLA

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:17 pm

@Maxine: I usually steer clear of serious topics on the internet, but I just want to say that I really empathise with you. I hope you can get her to stop smoking. I have lost people I care about to both cigarettes and alcohol and it is so hard to just watch as they slowly kill themselves.

OT: What I entered this topic to post about seems really petty and insignificant now, but I'll still post it anyway. It turns out my HDD wasn't broken. I was just about to crack open its enclosure and start checking connections and looking for burnt out components and the like when I realised that I had somehow managed to plug my PVR's power supply into it. In my defence, the connectors are almost identical and it was supplying some power to the drive, just not enough for it to work. Even so, that made me feel pretty dumb.
Don't Die.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:41 pm

I really don't see how making that big a deal over the borrowed book is A) necessary or B) going to help you stop interacting with her. Sounds like it would be way too dramatic for a reason that isn't anywhere near good enough. What book was it?

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:51 pm

It just seems that dropping any and all communication would be the best way to do that. Also, quickest and easiest. Free from drama that will likely serve no purpose, as she doesn't sound like the type of person who would absorb the lesson.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:33 pm

why is job hunting

so

fucking hard
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:26 am

I said something petty to the team I've worked with out at camp all summer after winning an overly long board game. Someone very close to me called me out on it, and I felt about 1 inch tall. I think it was just because I was over-tired, but I still feel bad about it. I'm sure there will be no hard feelings in the morning, but it was still crappy of me to do.

I've been coming to this camp most of my life, and it's always been a place where I can not only be myself, but be the best version of myself. It's sucky to get a reminder that I still can be such a dick.

Edit: I'm crying a little. It's been two years to the day since I cried last. I think I'm just exhausted. I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow.

-PLA

8284 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”