Avvy and Siggy Rating

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

4193 posts
Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:32 pm

...Uhhhh. Well, busting into this conversation with a question... related on all accounts, I supposed?

Can my signature have a strong profanity in it?

I'm asking because I totally get where it'd be inappropriate, but on the other hand the quote just isn't nearly as funny if I take out the 'fucking' part? Maybe F**king?
I really love the joke.

Anyway. What say you, O great forum members?

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:47 pm

@"person of African origin" subject - I'm going to address it later tonight when I've calmed down as I've had a VERY crappy day and I don't think I can deal with forum drama appropriately or objective. I think probably if I had even been in a better mood earlier today I might have even said things to Kitsu better. Though, I'll be surprised if our little alleycat really has left us (I doubt it... I think the allure of a psp topic will no doubt entice him back like a kitty to saucer of milk).

@Kino - I don't find profanity offensive and I don't mind the siggy myself. I think it's fine, but may I ask that if someone does have an issue with it, would you take their feelings into consideration? Especially as a MOD. Again, I think I'll just be purposely indecisive at the moment.

Much more fun topic by Scy:

Remember11 I've heard is ONLY PS2 and was never brought over to our shores. However, if this is untrue and if you have a torrent link or something lieing around... or for any VN for that matter that is TRANSLATED (I am not Nihon-fluent), please NEVER hesitate to PM it to me or bring it up in discussion. I would ADORE playing ANY VN and ESPECIALLY the rest that exist in the Ever17 line. Is Remember11 the one with Julia, I wonder?

*sigh* And you have no idea how fucking MUCH I wanna play the Higurashi VNs. T-T I could die happy if that were to ever happen. Seriously. I could be hacked up into little pieces or tortured Shion-style and I would still be wrapped within eternal bliss.

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:22 pm

The squirrel gives no fuck. Look at those beady eyes. I swear, he's plotting something.

Feel free to delete any of the following if you don't want it here~

As for Remember11, I'll do some digging around for it (as well as Higurashi stuff). Speaking of which, there's though they're not terribly far from what I understand (Onikakushi-hen is all and its not all of it). There WAS a project doing the "Good" Ending but that died around mid-way I think. Also, they fucking scare me as it's a sister project between two people calling themselves Shion and Mion so I fear for my life every time I check that page.

Every. Time.

For what it's worth, there's also translations of the Manga . There's three Manga-only arcs as well (Onisarashi-hen, Yoigoshi-hen, and Utsutsukowashi-hen) and I think the Manga may cover the three PS2 arcs (Taraimawashi-hen, Tsukiotoshi-hen, Miotsukushi-hen) but not sure. The DS game, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna: Dai-Ichi-Kan - Tatari, has no translation currently working on it.

Edit: Seems like they've been licensed actually and some of them have taken down their scanlations. still has them since I've never heard of but whatever.

Anwyay, those dead Translations; you only need the latest I think? I'll look more later:
[spoiler]

Those are for _two different versions of the game_. Minagoroshi-hen is merely the Answer arc containing everything BUT Masturibayashi-hen ... and I suppose you can figure out what the Masturibayashi version is.

If you're curious as to why, each of the games were released separately and contained the prior stuff (ie, Onikakushi-hen is just itself but Himatsubushi-hen contains all four Questions). This means there's 8 total games, of which only two are really needed: Himatsubushi-hen for the Questions and Masturibayashi-hen for the Answers. This does mean rabid fans bought all eight of the damn things since they had nearly a half a year between each release.

And the Onikakushi-hen stuff has a topic here as well: [/spoiler]

As for any other Visual Novels, you may appreciate this list then: .

Edit3:

Edit: THE EF PROJECT STOPPED?! T.T Anyway, there's some dead links in there but at least it gives you an idea of what's done.

Edit2: Remember11, and the other 3 games, are all for the PC as well though only one was localized. They were all released as part of Infinity Plus.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:59 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:01 am

Me watching an incomplete VN:

"OMG! WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!"

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:04 am

Yeah ... there's not that many 100% completed translations for stuff. The Manga stuff for Higurashi is potentially interesting (about to read Onikakushi-hen to see how it stacks up to the game and anime) but they're short at only 2 Volumes each. The game has a fairly large amount of content and the Onikakushi-hen translation should be done "soon" as they seem to have only the last day remaining to translate so you can get a feel for how much extra stuff is in the games. It'll be a loooong while before all 8 (14 counting the Manga and PS2 ones!) arcs are done :(

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:11 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:43 am

The art is pretty and the story is about the same as the Anime but a little more story. Very little as it's irrelevant story. Also, it seems to play a romance angle (and some fanservice). I'll play through Onikakushi-hen when I get the chance to note more of the differences (there should be plenty if I remember!).

It's a bit more graphic, I think, than the Anime. SPOILERS AND BLACK&WHITE BLOOD~
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Edit: Didn't know about this. The creators of Higurashi (Ryukishi 07, you silly silly person you) have a new series called Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

Edit2: Clannad totally should've had a "BAD END?!" where Nagisa goes batshit insane and kills people. It's something I think every time I see Rena since she's voice by Nakahara Mai as well (Estelle in Tales of Vepseria too!). Hrm...

Vapour Trail
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vapour Trail » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:23 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:50 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:52 am

Maxine MagicFox: 頑張ります! 
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:55 am

Zai
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zai » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:00 am

No need to format. Assuming you're using XP. Just add the foreign language files. They can be found on a CD that came with the computer (or something for the computer from Microsoft) or on the internet in torrents. I didn't want the hassle of figuring out where that specific CD was placed, so I just downloaded the torrent. I still have them on my hard drive if you need them.

And I really doubt anyone's going to actually need to pirate these (as in, using them without owning the CD that they came on), so I don't see any harm in posting a link here, or just PMing one, but whatever. Maxine's decision.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:10 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:52 am

[] - [] - [] - []

4193 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”