The Biggest Loser: Couples - Jan 2010

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Kitsune
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Biggest Loser: Couples - Jan 2010

Postby Kitsune » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Being quite the weight loss fangirl i always find time to catch these programs, and the latest one in the states just started (i've been watching online!), one of the guys starting weights was 526lb! oh my god!
Anyway, what do you guys think of the show and who would you guess will be the winner when it's over?

My new years resolution is to drop another 10lb in time for my sisters birthday in june!, maybe watching the show will give me enough of a push to do it :D

~ Kitsune

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:26 pm

I don't watch TV, what is this?

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:29 pm

I never watch TV either. I cancelled my subscription because it was useless to me.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

AppleInject
Bloodant

Postby AppleInject » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:44 pm

I don't watch shows on a TV, but I do check things out from time to time using the internet. Shows like this one in particular, make me want to keep myself healthy.

Basically, they pick pairs of massively overweight people, and bring them all to this place where two trainers put them through their paces and monitor their food and all that. The goal for the contestants is to lose as much weight as they can, since they're all morbidly obese. Every week the person with the least %body weight loss goes home or something to that effect. They change the circumstances pretty often, keeps viewers interested I guess.

Plenty of drama from whiners, and there's extra stuff like they have the doctor look at them, give them their current life expectancy, what you really really shouldn't be eating, tips to keep yourself from falling back into old habits, things like that.

Just a wake-up-call-show that aims to make the viewers also get off their asses and exercise, really. Good motivation.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Sounds interesting, but I guess I'd be worried about the emphasize on speed. Cultivating sustainable weight loss is more about healthy habits.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:26 pm

I don't watch TV myself but everyone else in my family does, so

This is one of the better "reality shows." Most shows of this type are is retarded, but these people actually go through struggles to better themselves. Often you can't even recognize them toward the end, they have lost so much weight.

EDIT: And yes kino, the emphasis on speed often sends people to the hospital or at least leaves them sobbing on the floor

If I wanted to watch a reality show though I'd watch Survivorman, just because of how badass and scientific it is. And, no scripts, no camera crews, just one badass in the wilderness, alone on an island or in the tundra etc

AppleInject
Bloodant

Postby AppleInject » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:37 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:48 am

They've had a few diabetics, I believe, but they never specified which type; just sort of "OH NOS DIABETES" which is pretty fucking stupid as there's a difference in the two. As for asthma, I want to say maybe; if not, at least many who have breathing issues.

I don't watch the show and don't care much for it; it's pretty much a lot of hardcore workouts (i.e., 4-6+ hours a day) and low-calorie, low-carb food. And cupcakes.

[spoiler]Seriously, I wiki'd and found an episode mentioning someone eating a cupcake. I laughed. I'm a terrible person.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with the show itself, I suppose, just not my thing. I don't really watch Reality TV ever anyway unless it's some sort of competition based one (i.e., Top Chef).[/spoiler]

Kitsune
Ragelope

Postby Kitsune » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:49 pm

~ Kitsune

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Impressive!

... although the guy with the leather jacket did strike me as being on the thin side of healthy in the "after" picture. Maybe it's just because I see the "before" picture beside it.

AppleInject
Bloodant

Postby AppleInject » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:05 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:33 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

45 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”