The Biggest Loser: Couples - Jan 2010

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Hanyou
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hanyou » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:56 am

Jerome Bettis, former halfback of the Pittsburgh Steelers, is asthmatic.

Just throwing that out there.

Of course, by no means should everyone with asthma be held to the same standard. Frankly, this is at least one reason I think physical education/ health education shouldn't even be funded by tax dollars, but I guess that's getting into "serious topics" territory. And I guess my anti-public school stance overall makes my opinion to extreme for my views on the degrading, unnecessary, and silly obsession with wellness in our culture, right down to physical education, to matter.

But I don't like it.

As for the show: never seen it. Frankly, I don't get its popularity. Seems to me that the time spent watching it would be better spent, I don't know, taking a walk or something. But as I've never seen it, I really don't know what it's about and it's not my place to say whether it's a waste of time or not XP

AppleInject
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby AppleInject » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Kitsune
Ragelope

Postby Kitsune » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:35 pm

I just watched the latest show, all of the contestants went for medicals and scans, and the scans revealed how badly effected their bodies were by the fat, one of the women who was only 250lb had fat all the way around her internal organs, and her lungs were tiny compared to the size of her frame, then the guy that was 526b to start with, on his scan his lungs showed up as really small triangles, imagine you took an outline image of a human, then inside the chest where the lungs should be you drew a pair of lungs about the size of a dvd case in total (for both of them), it was startlingly scary!
Infact, let me grab a few images and post them!

Just ew!

This guy had been spending years taking medication for athsma, even though the vast majority of his troubles were that the fat saturated into his organs and body have been crushing his lungs!

This is the 250lb girl, one of the lightest on the show - yet you can see the fat (white) penitrating her organs significantly, she has a 98% higher chance of getting heart disease than the entire population, and is at 36% risk of diabetes
Another contestant (i think she was 275 or something?) was told she HAS diabetes (and she didnt even know).

Talk about a wake up call!, their excuses were so mundane, too, "i'd eat nothing all day then pig out at night because i was hungry", and "take out was just convenient", really hits home to me the benefits of my choice to completely give up all fast foods, mcdonalds, burger king, pizza places, everything! none of that food is good for you.

~ Kitsune

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Uggg, I'm so depressed at the moment. When I stopped going to the gym three months ago 'cause of schedule changes I was at 240 after losing weight from 260 after a few months (slow changes but they were there). Since then, I've maintained that constant 240 by not going to the gym but still attempting to practice the eating habits I taught myself - though I could be far more strict on myself.

-_-; I need to get myself back to the gym, dammit. There's no way I can even go outside for a walk. Not in this weather. Walking across the parking lot while shopping yesterday and the wind just cut into my lungs.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kitsune
Ragelope

Postby Kitsune » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:37 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA[/youtube]

This genuinely knocked me sick.

~ Kitsune

Kitsune
Ragelope

Postby Kitsune » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:50 am

~ Kitsune

AppleInject
Bloodant

Postby AppleInject » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:22 am

Kitsune
Ragelope

Postby Kitsune » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:29 am

~ Kitsune

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:34 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:01 am

[] - [] - [] - []

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:11 am

AppleInject
Bloodant

Postby AppleInject » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:15 am

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:20 am

AppleInject
Bloodant

Postby AppleInject » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:25 am

Kitsune
Ragelope

Postby Kitsune » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:34 am

~ Kitsune

45 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”