What's in a name?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
AppleInject
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What's in a name?

Postby AppleInject » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Tell me about your name!

- What's your real name? Do you think it suits you?
- Let us to assess if you match your name by posting a picture of your face!
- If you could have another name (legal) what would it be?
- What's your username and why is it so?

My real name is Aaron and this is me:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
First picture is so you see my face clearly, the second picture I included because it looks like I'm in the snowy Etrian Odyssey 2 stratum and I like that place. I don't really think I look like an Aaron, and I don't like the name. I wish my parents had more creativity when they were naming me. If I could change it... not a clue. Maybe Apple, haha.

I love apples, I eat every variety, and I really like apple flavored candy. When I was in highschool I'd have an apple lollipop in my mouth all the time and my friends were like, "Dude, you could be injecting yourself with that stuff and it wouldn't make a difference because that's all your blood is made of anymore!" So... AppleInject.

Actually because of that a lot of people would call me Apples, and over time it turned into something like 'Pells'.

Kitsune
Ragelope

Re: What's in a name?

Postby Kitsune » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Anastasia Myeong, i'm notreally all too fussed about my name, but most people call me Anna, I'm originally from Korea, i don't like or dislike my last name either :o, i guess i'm a bit boring!

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Ennis i guess?, (yes yes, baccano fan, guilty as charged)

Kitsune, (but on other forums and blogs and stuff sometimes Kitsune girl, or some other variation) because at my highschool prom i had a black eye from where my cousin had hit me in the face with a tennis ball when playing tennis, and to hide the black eye i wore a Kitsune mask, besides i like foxes, they're cute.
Last edited by Kitsune on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Kitsune

AppleInject
Bloodant

Postby AppleInject » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Ouch @ tennis ball...

I think the name Anna suits you well, Ennis would be really nice too (and unusual).

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: What's in a name?

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:42 pm

Penna Marie Fischer. Call me either Penna but since it's my mom's name as well, you can call me Marie - and it's what my name has been for so long that going by Penna is something I'm still new to and only applies to my work-life.

Does it suit me? Penna, in latin, means "Quill Pen". I'm a writer so... yeah... I think it sits me. Do I "like it"... Marie is just so more typical but I hate that name, too.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

My mom says that she wanted to call me Kimberly but my dad won in calling me Penna. I would have loved Kim or Kimberly a LOT better. However, seriously, I prefer the name Maxine. I love the name and I'm glad that on the internet I can be known as it.

<_<;; *sigh* So back when I was like 12 or so, I was reading a book series called Redwall. I went on AOL chatrooms and found one that was a Redwall chat and RPG. I was Abbess Lee but after she was killed, I said Lee's magic went into the corpse of a fox that she had slain. When doing our RPGs we would do things like this for actions:
*Magic: Hits everyone in the room.
So I typed out:
*MagicFox: blah blah blah

The character lasted for so long that I got tired of typing it out and since it was becoming a character gradually anyways, I created the name on AOL. Abbess Lee was never heard from again.

Then an IRL friend was having fun picking on me and we were making names for each other from our SNs: MAgicfoX: MAX. It stuck and every time she got on she would call me Max.

THEN I made a website. I decided to go by Max MagicFox. BUT because "OMG girls can't make websites and girls can't play games" I was confused for a guy ALL THE TIME. So I changed it to Maxine hoping to get rid of that confusion.

And it's stuck ever since. There, that is the end of this rather long and very boring story about my SN.

[] - [] - [] - []

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Discussion Section”