What's the Purpose of Life?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

What is the purpose of life?

To procreate.
12%
To have fun.
24%
There is no purpose.
41%
To not screw yourself over and end up in hell.
No votes
I don't know, but I do know the porpoise of life.
24%

Total votes: 17

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:26 am

AND THATS WHY THE ITLers ALL SING
KINO IS OUR KING

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:28 am

You're a dude?

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:34 am

I'm whatever you want me to be baby

[spoiler]

Completely unrelated, I've been wanting to cut all my hair off and start mixing more gender confusion into my look.

so that's MR KINO to you

[/spoiler]

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:35 am

Well this year I discovered that androgyny is not only an opinion or style, but a state of mind. I hope you will embrace it much like I have. It is accepted everywhere. Casual, school, the office, even some big celebrities. Gender is such a /yawn thing for me. It has been a pleasure to face sexism on both ends in my life.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:12 am

To me, wearing an elephant trunk in a formal setting is a way of life. I've embraced it. Is it accepted everywhere? Perhaps. Giraffes, zookeepers, and furries all love it. Humanity is such a boring thing for me. It's a pleasure to have strangers fondle my elephant trunk.

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:16 am

*wants to fondle Sampson's elephant trunk*

You know, back when I had long hair—and by long I mean butt-length—I'd get comments from strangers all the time. And there was this one time a lady just walked up behind me on the bus and started combing her hands through my hair, saying how lovely it was... err.... ^^;;; I got off the next stop.

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:27 am

To me, Sampson is a way of life.

pucha
Ragelope

Postby pucha » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:28 am

To eat well and live long! ^^b

edit: errr that's my purpose in life. yah >>

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:12 am

My purpose is to take a good long look at what is happening in this "planet" and open my heart and mind so that I fully understand what is bad and what is good so that when I die, I will live my true life and everything that I learned in this "planet" will help me make the next one better. In other words this is all untrue. Nothing here is real and all of you are creations and I was put here to learn from what goes on here so that when my true life begins, my heart and mind will be able to live in happiness and never have to be brought down my sadness, hatred, or loneliness. You are all programs and you were made to make it seem like you were all real to me. But I know that you are all unliving and obviously the correct thing to think when you are reading this is "But I am real" but of course that is what someone who was a program would think. I know this is all untrue and I will one day die and the real world will be beautiful. No wars, no innocent deaths, no more evil. A peaceful world where the real kind people reside. I will be reborn there once I die.

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:52 am

There is no purpose, life is variable and controlled by your perception of all things.

Since you attach meaning and connotation to all that you experience, you derive your purpose from the things you experience, and to an extent, what you are made of.

Personally, I'm of the thought that all sentient life is actually an experiment to collect data. Not malevolently, Matrix-style, but a steady akasha type thing we put together without realising. When the time comes that we're matured enough as a species to access our own akasha, our own source of collective data, we will presumably enter the next stage of development, whatever that is. This is of course assuming we live that long and don't annihilate the planet first.

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Sort of like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:51 pm

there is no purpose, only meaning.

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:

http://detarame.wordpress.com/

28 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”