What anime are you currently watching?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

2720 posts
Yoonah
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What anime are you currently watching?

Postby Yoonah » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:32 pm

Kyousogiga is really rad
I'm watching Noragami and Hamatora this season

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Ronja by Ghibli? Whoa, neat! :D

Quite an ambitious project it seems. I don't think Ghibli have done a TV series before. Ronja and Ghibli fit very well together though.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Ralis
Ragelope

Postby Ralis » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:11 pm

I've declared today Toradoraday, for myself at least. I'm gonna marathon as much of Toradora as I can, because I heard it's fantastic.
Also, merry Tsundere-mas
http://imgur.com/a/lf22Y

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:46 am

Kimiko

Ralis
Ragelope

Postby Ralis » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:23 pm

PreCure too bizarre for a 11-year-old? That should be the prime demographic. Is animation in general too unrealistic for her perhaps? Or what does she mean by too bizarre? What genres does she like outside anime, like SF or Fantasy or ..?

Ghost Hunt might be good if she doesn't mind some scary parts. On second thought, wait a few years with that. Hidamari Sketch or Aria if she likes things nice and sweet but not supernatural/magical. Ghibli (esp. Miyazaki Hayao) movies are gateway drugs for all ages, so you can't go wrong there. Bamboo Blade or maybe Taisho Baseball Girls for a sportive-minded person. Moribito is excellent, but perhaps aimed at an audience a few years older, so how about Beast Player Erin? Most other things I'd recommend are either as bizarre as PreCure or if they're more serious also probably hard to follow for an 11yo.

Really though, if a magical girl series as simple as PreCure is too 'bizarre' for her I don't know if there's much hope of getting her into anime. Try building up the bizarreness by starting with a few Miyazaki Hayao movies?
Kimiko

Ralis
Ragelope

Postby Ralis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:27 pm

She's not really into the "Magical girl" genre afaik, so I'll probably try some of the other ones you suggested. We've already watched a Ghibli movie, Whisper of the Heart, and it seemed like she enjoyed that so I may try another similar movie sometime soon :p

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:51 pm

I don't know if it would be good, but my mind went straight for Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Ralis
Ragelope

Postby Ralis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:53 pm

If I had to put my finger on a genre, it'd be Slice of Life, I see her watch these disney channel shows from the same genre all the time, so it'd be my best guess. Also, I'll give that one a try, Twinkle, Thanks :D

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Here are some slice of life that are nice to watch: Chi's Sweet Home, Natsume Yuujinchou, Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki, Minami-ke (the two first seasons)...
And yes there are cats in the 3 first series I've mentioned :3

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:35 am

I dunno about Nichijou, I think it would probably fly right over the head of an eleven year old (no offense to your sister, of course.) too many japanese jokes, and if she thinks magical girl is weird, well, yeah, probably not. As for suggestions, I'd go with Jojo's Bizarre adventure and Madoka Magica, builds character.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Ralis
Ragelope

Postby Ralis » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:56 am

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I'll keep you all up to date on this.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 am

Slice-of-life comedy or slice-of-life healing type? For the former, Azumanga Daioh is a classic, and there are plenty of series in that genre. Mahoraba is somewhere between mild romantic comedy and slice-of-life. It's pretty good. For healing type (iyashikei) anime, try the at TVTropes.
Kimiko

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:02 pm

My friend bought me the first volume of K-On! and I'm trying to enjoy it. I'm not doing a good job of that, though.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:40 am

are having a Kickstarter project for a translation (sub & dub) of the movie Mai Mai Miracle (Maimai Shinko To Sennen Mahou). You may not have heard of it, but if you're a fan of Ghibli's Only Yesterday, Ocean Waves, Whisper Of The Heart and From Up On Poppy Hill, this is the exact same style (the director used to work under Miyazaki Hayao) and high quality. Check it out (and support it if you want) at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/all ... ai-miracle
Kimiko

2720 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”