What anime are you currently watching?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

2720 posts
heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What anime are you currently watching?

Postby heprea » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:08 pm

Mole-chan I....

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:47 am

The OVAs and movies are stand-alone stories not connected to the TV series, and have much more silliness and fanservice.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Today was the finale of Binan Koko Chikyu Boueibu LOVE!. It was basically even more over the top as most of the show was. It's gonna be a bit sad with it over, but eh, at the same time I'm happy.

This Friday Death Parade will also end, it feels pretty intense now though. It's gonna be a feelsy ending I bet.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

GhostsandDragons
Fenrir

Postby GhostsandDragons » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:06 am

I'm rewatching Mekakucity Actors. While the original vocaloid songs were pretty rad, and the show does some rad remixes of some of them but they left out Yobanashi Deceive and Outer Science (2 of my favorite ones) and the show manages to make it's (relatively understandable) plot a small-scale train wreck.

Also episode 9's horrifying cgi op, that exists too.

It's not exactly the best show out there but I guess I still kinda like it enough to watch it twice????
The odds of finding me online are only slightly higher then finding a shiny pokemon

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:43 am

Catching up on the 2nd season of Stardust Crusaders... I'm really behind on that =/

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:17 am

My friends and I are watching Sword Art Online. I enjoy the concept and the story is OK most of the time, but the fan service makes me really uncomfortable. The high-pitched helpless female characters really grate on my nerves, too. I'll keep watching if they do, we're 8 or 9 episodes in.

I'll still try Cowboy Bebop, because it sounds like it's right up my alley, but I still don't think anime is for me. Give me Avatar or Young Justice over this any day.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:48 am

^ Sword Art Online falls off the deep end in season 2: Rapistheim Online. Everything becomes neatly divided into two sections.

1. Faffing about without even exploring the setting, before beating one dumb MMO-fight that is in plain sight from the start, because it's just an MMO-fight barring progress, one fast-travel away.

2. Mohaha-evil creep monologuing about himself.

I've heard that it gets better after that arc, though.

Cowboy Bebop is good.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:13 pm

Stardust Crusaders and Unlimited Blade Works.

I was watching Log Horizon and Aldnoah.Zero, but those both ended, the ending of AZ was a complete mess (the second half in general had a lot of problems to be honest).

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Railgun S is pretty awesome. Can't stop watching just one more episode.. >_<
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:37 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:09 pm

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:26 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:08 pm

I recently received an email about Crunchyroll's newest line up. All I can do is shake my head and wonder what the hell happened to anime. It's very sad and depressing. Every once in a while a gem like Madoka for example will just randomly show up. I think everything that was mentioned was either about panties or some crappy love comedy or a fighting anime on its 2k episode.

I don't think the issue is with me. As my sister pointed out I'm still very much an anime and manga fan. She picked up a manga the other day and I enjoyed looking it over. Not to mention I'm still working my way through Ef VN.

Just none of the current stuff appeals to me. I miss the epic storylines and the plots that actually go somewhere. I don't enjoy moe. Fan service is fine as long as the plot is still moving forward (I'm reading a friggin' hentai, don't tell me that I don't like fan service XD )

[] - [] - [] - []

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:20 pm

^ What happened is that there was no reason to remember the old garbage, just like there will be no reason to remember the current garbage in ten years when you ask the same question.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:16 am

I think that everything is just so much more accessible than it used to be, even with fansubs the volume that Crunchy alone pushes out is far more. Which means we get all the shit alongside the one or two worthwhile animes per season.

I very much enjoyed Parasyte, Your Lie in April and Wolf Girl and the Black Prince over the past six months and Plastic Memories is looking very good so far.

[ | | | | ]

2720 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”