What anime are you currently watching?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

2720 posts
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

What anime are you currently watching?

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:01 am

Akarshi
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Akarshi » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:49 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:18 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:27 am

Finished spice and Wolf :D

[My Rating]:
- Length: 68% (doesn't count for jack shit in my book :D)
- Quality: 100%
- Style: 95%
- Originality: 100%

[Verdict]:
Watch this anime or go get kicked in the freakin' teeth! XD
- Despite it's short 12 (+1 OVA) episode length, Spice and wolf somehow packed in pretty much everything a solid anime has/needs. It is definitely a must watch. Hell, if I weren't already learning Japanese, I'd go out of my way to learn it just so I could read the light novels.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:42 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:51 pm

[ | | | | ]

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:51 pm

I finished Vision Of Escaflowne last night. It turned out better than I expected, though not all great. Hitomi became a little more active later in the series, and especially the relationships and backgrounds got more developed. From about halfway through, there were numerous plot twists, sometimes a little deus ex machina like (or machina ex deo even). Towards the end it seemed as if the writers were in a hurry to resolve the love polygon between Van/Hitomi/Allen/Milerna/Dryden, and although not exactly badly handled, there were some resolutions that didn't ring very true. The very end (last minute or so) of the series was not as good as it could have been either. Overall, it is still a good series, interesting at least in its attempt to combine shounen and shoujo styles. I think it could've been better with more episodes. Too often some plot device was introduced only to be abandoned two episodes later.

I'm still watching Revolutionary Girl Utena and Outlaw Star.

Oh, for earlier mini-review-ness about the anime I've watched, check this over on the board, message number 174 and later.

ETA: The music of Escaflowne is by Yoko Kanno, but I didn't find it as interesting as Ghost In The Shell: S.A.C.'s.
Last edited by Kimiko on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:08 pm

Currently Watching:
Code Geass R2 (just starting!)
Zero no Tsukaima: Princesses no Rondo

Re-watching:
Shakugan no Shana
Hayate no Gotoku
Spice and Wolf

Backlog (ie, "uh ... had forever eventually amirite?"):
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (+ Kai)
H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~
Myself ; Yourself
Kaiji

Will probably pick up since I've read them:
Soul Eater
To~Love~Ru
Sekirei
Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:06 am

Aside from three Miyazaki films I've never really watched anime before, so I thought I'd try one out since I was kinda bored and without plans this afternoon. I decided to watch Lucky Star (for a few boring reasons I won't mention), so I've been checking it out all ghetto-style by watching episodes uploaded to YouTube. Anyway, I just saw the second episode and they were playing Taiko no Tatsujin at an arcade. So I'm going to continue watching the series, I think. Anyone that's cool with Taiko no Tatsujin is cool with me, heh. Plus the show has been pretty entertaining so far.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:47 am

Totally unrelated since it's not an Anime but too lazy to make a Manga version of this topic ... reading Hayate no Gotoku scans and I'm seriously confused at the random jump from v8 to scanning v18. Especially with v9 having the juicy Hinagiku stuff (after v8's juicy Hinagiku stuff...!) >> Yeah, totally a Hina fanboy whatever~ Then again, I think the US releases are pretty far (Volume 9?) so I should look into buying these all now...

...anyway, v18 is so totally random (er, rather, it's not random but it's in the middle of an arc so I'm lost!) and I'm completely confused ... but young Hayate is adorable and A-tan is cute/awesome. Also, the Higurashi "parody" is creepy in a sense ... only due to me totally anticipating death every time I see Izumi now. Thanks jerks :( *NIPAA*

Edit: Aww ... just thought of checking out Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn and it seems a cease and desist was issued and it's been dropped by Shinsen and Formula Subs. Oh well ... I've read it already so was just wanted to see it in action but whatever.

Edit2: Oh man, just watched an episode of H2O and I finally found that silly song that has been stuck in my head for so damn long: Katayoku no Icarus.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c42ppqypVBU[/youtube]
"If I become a bird, if I become the wind, will my wish be granted?"

Eroge/H-Game based Anime always have beautiful songs >>.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:07 pm

This latest batch of anime wasn't too pleasant.

Outlaw Star is a cool action series. Unfortunately, it is also all about Gene Starwind, an arrogant, obnoxious asshole, who the rest of the crew despite being treated rudely or ignored altogether, still treat as a hero (the story does too). If Gene's character was removed from the series completely it would have been a lot more fun and interesting. Melfina's character could do with some more backbone too. She's nice, but too nice even when threatened or hurt. Near the end of the series there seems to be an art shift, not for the better.

Revolutionary Girl Utena goes from making little sense to not making sense at all to being boring and disappointing. It's also very formulaic, constantly reusing parts of the storyline along with their animation and music. There are also no less than three clip episodes. There are lots of girls who, given a mere look from one of several obnoxious playboys, swoon and throw themselves at their feet. At first it looks like Utena is going to be different from those girls, but in the end she can't withstand the boys' looks and behavior either. The other main character, Anthy, has the kind of personality the average doormat would sneer at. And she's blamed for it too. All in all it's no small feat that I actually finished this long series.

I'm hoping to recover from this assault to my sensibilities with Hidamari Sketch (no drama please) and Simoun (no obnoxious assholes please).
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:58 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:07 am

Meh... I didn't like the anime much, either. The music (kick ass) and the animation were its only saving graces, but the characters and the plot were just very lack luster.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:38 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:55 am

2720 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”