What anime are you currently watching?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

2720 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:59 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:01 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:22 pm

As far as I know, Spice and Wolf is just waiting for the source material to get a bit farther before continuing. If nothing happens within a year, then I'll be sad panda as there's a LOT left unresolved.

AND IT IS AWESOME AND DESERVES MORE.

As for Doubt (MASSIVE SPOILERS + TWO IMAGES OF MASSIVE SPOILER)
[spoiler]So creepy but true; the shot of her impaling Rei was almost sexy. In a creepy way. And awesome. I'm strange...

I will say I am a bit saddened at the, "oh shit the dad is involved?" bit. Would've much preferred it being Mitsuki's twisted sense of justice and punishing them (as well as her ... very twisted crush on Yuu) instead of following orders from her father.

"Once I killed everyone and the game had ended ... we'd run away together ... if you were honest... everything would be forgiven ... and I'm sure that from then on we would be together, just like always."

Guess on the "other" lie would be breaking some meeting with her for someone else (probably TEH GAME). If that's enough to have this happen, I am so royally fucked.[/spoiler]

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:50 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:35 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:49 am

DOUBT. SERIOUSLY.
[spoiler]What I meant by that was something about Rabbit Doubt in general related hence why she felt the need to punish THEM in particular in that manner. He played the game for awhile before they (Rei and co.) met together in real life. That or some stupid SURPRISE YOU MET ANOTHER PLAYER FROM RABBIT DOUBT BEFORE SO THESE ALL DIE BECAUSE OF IT ... I guess. The shots make it seem like she followed him to somewhere and what she saw was the lie; probably the cliche'd "oh yeah meeting some guy SORRY" and it ended up being some girl and ANGER JEALOUSY GO and stuff.

As for the dad ... I dunno. I hope it is more of that and not like ... he's in control of EVERYTHING going on. I liked the idea that Mitsuki is just psychotic completely since I pegged her early on as the "Wolf". Really, the addition of the dad currently adds nothing except that Mitsuki isn't "in control." I really liked her being super twisted mastermind that orchestrated it all, despite how farfetched some of it may have been.

Re-reading Chapter 1, however, makes me think this:

"About tomorrow..."
"Tomorrow? was there something going on tomorrow?"
"Eh...wait a minute, Yuu-kun! Tomorrow is my..."

OH GOD YUU SURPRISE PARTIES FOR YANDERES ARE BAD IDEA.

Edit: That and the stuff right before that (the little lie that he's alone) ... that said, if she planned the Game out to kill them, the lie HAS to be before the day they all meet so it can't be these small lies here.[/spoiler]

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:39 pm

And already another update:

Iria - Zeiram is simply awesome :) Iria kicks ass and takes names. If I were a princess, I'd want her to come rescue me ^_^
Why didn't they make this a 26 ep. series? Why are there no sequels? I wish there were more anime heroines like Iria.

Utawarerumono starts out somewhat interesting. Fantasy setting, interesting characters, beginnings of a romance, then it slowly reveals its origin as a strategy game, turning into battle after battle, all to the greater glory of the hero. The fantasy setting becomes just a backdrop, the interesting characters get lost in the crowd or killed, and the female main characters turn into just another bunch of supporters of the hero. Bleh. Sorry, but this just isn't my taste. Gave up after 5 episodes.

Still waiting for the sub of ep. 24 of Macross Frontier. I'm now starting the highly acclaimed Higurashi series. So many people recommended it that it can't be anything but good.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:18 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby heprea » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:30 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:05 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:09 pm

The character designs for Utawarerumono reminded me of those of the game Summon Night: Twin Age. As it turns out the game that Utawarerumono is based on is also by Flight Plan, who made the Summon Night games.

You can read episode summaries over at . It looks like the anime doesn't get better, unless you consider more wars/conquests and more characters to be better.
Kimiko

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:53 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:58 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:06 pm

Scy - Isn't that from a different cartoon?
Kimiko

2720 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”