What anime are you currently watching?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

2720 posts
noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:48 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:21 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:30 am

Dario
Fenrir

Postby Dario » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:02 am

The last anime I watched was Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That was about a year ago.
(Sidenote: I absolutely loved it)

Maybe I'll try Fate/Stay Night. Or Code Geass once it's over.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:30 pm

Claymore was awesome. Nice role reversal too, with Raki being the naïve and emotional anchor to humanity and the kick-ass fighters all being women. There was a little too much exposition at times, but I suppose it's hard to get thoughts during a fight across in a visual medium. At one point it veered into ridiculous when they gave percentages for power and such, but fortunately that didn't stick. The ending was a little unsatisfying. It ended the series with a nice climax, but didn't answer the deeper issues that had been hinted at all along. I hope it'll get a second season for that.

I also finished season one of Aa! Megami-sama, which turned out surprisingly fun. I was expecting a lot of stupid fanservice and comedy, but the fanservice is hardly there, and the comedy wasn't all that bad. It's certainly not perfect (Belldandy is a little too domestic and naïve), but a whole lot better than I expected, so I'm going to watch season two as well.

I gave up on figuring out which Macross series are essential. I'm just going to watch the whole thing from the beginning. I hope it's worth it.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:37 pm

Hey, are any of you also on Anime News Network? I started using it to keep track of the anime I've seen and just copied all my comments from here and the Seikens forum too.
Link:
Kimiko

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:24 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:14 am

Claymore's ending pretty much stated that there will be no second season; they changed the ending of that arc FAR too much for it to make any sense. I mean, it makes sense since even now it'll take another year or two for them to have enough content for another 26 episode season so they just aimed for some sense of closure.

As for the "OVER 9000?!" references ... it actually gets worse after that arc as they start showing off older badasses being owned and other things (ie, hyped up the new 4th seat and then have a fully released 2nd destroy her ... to only have the cast come up and utterly demolish her without even breaking a sweat).

Edit: Sooo ... what to look forward to!

Personally: Tales of the Abyss, Tears to Tiara, Rosario+Vampire Capu2, Lucky Star, Gundam 00 2nd Season, ef - a tale of melodies, Clannad: After Story, ToraDora.

Possibly: Jigoku Shoujo 3, Skip Beat!, Kurogane no Linebarrel, Vampire Knight: Guilty, Hazama no Uta, Toaru Majutsu no Kinsho Mokuroku.

...oh god. Oh god ... way too much.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:33 am

No second season of Claymore? :cry: Weeeh :cry:

But yeah, I can see how they'd run into trouble because they ramped up the strengths of the Yoma/Awakened Beings/Dwellers of the Deep and the Claymores (especially Clare) too quickly.
I still want to know what the Claymore organization is up to though. And what the monsters are trying to accomplish, other than eating humans. Plus I like seeing women kick ass without resorting to sex-appeal.
Kimiko

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:43 am

Angel Densetsu, his prior work, is cute ... totally unrelated to Claymore (outside of Claire being IDENTICAL to one of the characters) however and not even close to the same genre ... plus the art is worse (but eventually becomes Claymore-quality). Not sure if it ever was made into an Anime though.

Claymore Manga Ending of Pieta
[spoiler]Everyone dies but 7 of them ... and those 7 are pretty obvious (well, most are; like three of them seem random hoenstly). Pretty much the same ending except that Priscilla doesn't come. I forget if they show Raki's training from Isley as well but ... yeah, there's that. Then there's a time skip of SEVEN YEARS and other stuff goes down.

If you're curious, I can fill in more but I haven't actually seen Claymore so I'm not sure the EXACT differences ... I just recommended it to a friend and she told me about the ending so I'm working off that.[/spoiler]

Some more power shenanigans
[spoiler]The former #5 at the time, I think (the one with the scarred eye or whatever; Raphaela) kills an Abyssal One (Luciela of the South) by herself and Priscilla is pretty much far beyond the other two combined.[/spoiler]

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:39 am

2009 needs to happen NOW

need fucking haruhi season 2 argh

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:57 am

Introduced Higurashi to a friend so I find this image very pertinent:

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:24 am

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:57 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:48 am

Watching the anime "NEGIMA!?"

the second Negima anime

It does things in totally different ways and in different order, but it really preserves the overall feel and themes of the story. It's great. I'm only on episode 3 but...yeah. The visual style is probably the best thing ever (though I say that about a lot of things) even IF the ears are wonky, and Nodoka looks a bit different.

Certainly better than the first anime, which was very loyal to the story (up to a point) but filled with fanservice...although the manga is like that too. I mean my favorite manga before Negima was Yotsuba. Yotsuba is totally innocent. Negima is COOTER COOTER BUTT COOTER BOOBS wrapped around an achingly beautiful story. I was like.....WOAH, COOTER!

2720 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”