What anime are you currently watching?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

2720 posts
scy
Manticor

Re: What anime are you currently watching?

Postby scy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:26 pm

It sold like shit, however.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:18 am

Horizon 2 - I'm fascinated by this show if only for the sake of figuring it the fuck out. It's convoluted and hasn't done anything to really warrant the convolution yet (or warrant me caring about the convolution or the gigantic cast) but ... I dunno. I'm keeping up with it for a few more episodes and hope to god it does things with what it's setup rather than ramble for 22 minutes. Shit, even the first episode's credits rambled.

Still, much of the backstory is fleshed out, we got the backstory of the (almost) transgendered girl, that I still think is probably a death flag, and a lot of breasts and silliness. It's rather over-the-top and filled with fake history lessons. An odd mixing that will no doubt steer away basically everyone.

Un-Go 1 - I expected detectives. I got magic. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Guilty Crown 1 -

I'll probably be the only one here who'd even consider watching it (dunno, actually; how many people here care for shounen stuff?) through. It's ... interesting, but the Code Geass and noitaminA influences are basically beating you over the head from the start. My hype levels have dwindled a bit for it, though; camps seem rather divided on this.

I blame C^3 for taking all of my possible surprise.

Persona 4: The Animation 2 - shaping up to be pretty bland~ Considering the issues with AIC (lol they lost two animators already), this may just be easier to write off as a bust.

Too tired for actual stuff.

ps, I hope C^3 remains solid after the smoke clears and the parlor trick has been revealed. It seems to have a basis for a story but without

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:06 am

Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai 2 - Minus the obvious fanservice bits (like ... the entire opening, the eyecatch, Yozora's missin...actually, no, let's just not go there), this was a pretty good episode. Pretty much encompasses why I liked the manga. Monster Hunter 3 and Tokimeki parody. Odd, though, that the next episode is , but at least Boobsmith parody is still in. Though ... heavily censored vs the manga, I wager.

datPenguindrum 13 - A week late on this but ... come on, man. Pink haired men always do strange shit. Still, But, development on the family life (they look so young just three years ago). I may need to pay more attention to other episodes for some missed symbolism. At least this explains the stuff with the

All in all, a good episode. Developments!

Still down with Ringo ending up with Shouma.

Also, new ED that is either dripping with symbolism or just fucking strange and creepy.

Double feature, more Penguindrum 14 - ...what. the. fuck. Ikuhara you glorious bastard, you broke my fabulous meter.

And then my brain. You just can't get away from this, Ikuhara. You just can't.

And leave Shoma and Ringo alone, damn it. This new Shoma is, unfortunately, expected but tragic. Can he just nail the crazy lady? C'mon. Stop this. It's making me sad.

Oh well, at least somebody .

Yoonah
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Yoonah » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:25 am

ahhh haven't yet watched it yet ;.;

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:23 am

Someone recommended Master Keaton. Watching the first two episodes, I was quite impressed.
When you're alone, always remember:

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:33 am

Yoonah
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Yoonah » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:54 am

haven't the time to watch anime yet :X
recommended my friend to Mawaru Penguindrum, and he says he likes it
so now i have someone to scream FAAAAABULOUS MAX to XD

MATERNITY SPIRAL

Chitai-Qixi
Ragelope

Postby Chitai-Qixi » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:41 am

The last anime I watched was Gankutsuou, which I absolutely loved. It was a slow start, but picked up after the first few episodes, and the art style is unique and gorgeous imo. The characters are almost all interesting, and it's based off of the Count of Monte Cristo so it has a good story too. I really recommend it.

My friend and I might start re-watching Haruhi today, since it's hilarious, or .hack//SIGN since she's never seen it and it's one of my all-time favorite shows.

Not currently watching it, but just have to say it: I LOVE Code Geass. The only moments of that show I don't like are all the total fan service-y ones.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:18 pm

Chitai-Qixi
Ragelope

Postby Chitai-Qixi » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:19 pm

O. M. G. I didn't know they had finally started the 3rd season, THANK YOU! Just watched the first two episodes. I'm so excited haha.

I'll have to look into watching Guilty Crown. Maybe watch an episode tonight. It looks interesting.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:21 am

Guilty Crown can't shake the Code Geass in it (I mean, same writing staff); just the direction is now handled by Tetsuo Araki, who was responsible for Death Note ... and Highschool of the Dead (and some episodes of Black Lagoon; if I recall, it's one of the Roberta episodes and the first season finale). Probably some other stuff but fuck it, irrelevant. Still, it seems to be a bit more serious rather than over-the-top that Code Geass went for.

Plus, supercell doing some of the music.

Edit: Since I forgot to mention this, you do know there's another Code Geass anime coming, right? Bokoku no Akito, though it's a side-story thing, before any hopes for .

Anyway:
The Tatami Galaxy 2

It's weird. After the

Anyway, back to the episode, Ozu makes a strange remark. Considering the plot to this point, I can't help but think it's telling of things to come; a remark about the protagonist's fate. More notably, the start of the episode

And to keep this from going overboard:

Anyway:
The Tatami Galaxy 3

BIKES. Much of what I said before applies once more since, again,

I have no idea which viewing of this I'd have enjoyed more. Prior to entering college? While in college? Or, as I am now, after college? Prior perhaps would have been the best, but it would have been viewed with that slight shaking of the head at the concepts of it; watching it now, though, I sit here laughing and nodding at it, muttering "true, true."

I kind of hope someone looks into it as well. It's peculiar. It's visually strange. But it's entertaining. It speaks volumes (literally, figuratively).

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:11 am

Because I said I would:
Ben-To 1 - Wait, the main character dies? Waitwaitwait, there might be a plot?

I feel like there's not enough gratuitous fanservice considering this is brought to us by the Ikkitousen team. I feel like I need to drink more now because I actually just thought that.

I'll be honest, this is entertaining because of the absurdity. And the seriousness that the characters themselves take it. Battle Harem get?

Absurdity is the name of the game. Basis of our plot is the life and death battles fought over (half-priced) lunches! Hence the title, Ben-To. There's a disconnect between me, as the viewer, and the actions on the screen; they're taking it far more seriously than I am. I'm picturing the voice actors saying these lines while attempting to keep a straight face.

Plus, we get an amnesiac. Harem right out the gate (probably). And a few other cliches that are so totally necessary. The loli confuses me (Oshiroi Hana). Or perhaps frightens, I'm not sure which is more relevant.

Goddamnit, I'm going to have to watch another episode...
Ben-To 2

You know, that's basically what I think when I watch an episode of anything.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:51 am

MATERNITY SPIRAL

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:07 am

Have you seen Ben-To? She's kind of ditzy and an air head that can't get the MCs name right, she has some weird abandonment issues or something, and freaks out at the idea of "soiling" people. She's like spilling a drink away from murdering everything that moves and then forgetting who you were and then crying over the curtains she just totally ruined.

Also, I saw this recently:

what the fuck is this NASUUUUUU

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 am

MATERNITY SPIRAL

2720 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”