Monster Hunter 3 (Tri-)

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Buy/Rent/Don't Care about Tri?

Day one purchase
38%
I might buy it a little later...
23%
I'll wait until it goes to the bargain bin :P
No votes
I might rent it or something >_>
8%
DO NOT WANT!
31%

Total votes: 13

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby KitsuAccalia » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:38 pm

XD Oh god that's priceless, but seriously why do people do that -.-
Many things about the kitsune is mercurial, from their moods to their treatment of humans, to even the abilities some possess. Kitsune have a depth of personality as deep or even deeper than those of other Japanese characters. The reason for this, according to one source, is that the kitsune is the Trickster, in Japanese culture. They are there to teach those around them lessons.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:56 pm

I think now would be a good time to mention that I've been playing the English version of this since the 17th, as the ISO was leaked onto the internet. I'm using my Black Classic Controller Pro I got from the JP version to play the game, too XD

I don't dare try the online City as Capcom would obviously know that people were hacking and I'd get banned >_>

Picking up my copy at Gamestop tomorrow ;)
At least then I'll have some decent free time to play with my brother.
It was a bitch, but I was able to update uLoader for both my JP and US Wiis.
Now, after I buy it, it will run smoothly on even my Japanese Wii without the need for Updates.

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby KitsuAccalia » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Many things about the kitsune is mercurial, from their moods to their treatment of humans, to even the abilities some possess. Kitsune have a depth of personality as deep or even deeper than those of other Japanese characters. The reason for this, according to one source, is that the kitsune is the Trickster, in Japanese culture. They are there to teach those around them lessons.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Bought my copy and played online with my brother and a friend yesterday for about 6 hours.

As with the older Monster Hunter games, just playing the same Offline quest Online automatically makes it harder to compensate for the possible 2~3 player help you could get. Even smaller enemies take 1.5x - 2x the amount of hits before dying. However, I've noticed that the amount of items given as a reward is much greater Online, even when soloing.

Equipment:

* Weapon: Assassin's Dagger (SnS) [Atk:154/Sharp: Green]
* Head: Alloy Helm (Lv.3) [Def: 12] [+ Grinder Stone x2]
* Chest: Alloy Mail (Lv.2) [Def: 10] [+ Grinder Stone x1]
* Arms: Jaggi Vambraces [Def: 10]
* Waist: Jaggi Faulds [Def: 10]
* Legs: Ludroth Greaves [Def: 13]

Thanks XD
I felt like changing it to something EO-related, but also something that those here wouldn't be as likely to choose as my previous one.

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir

Postby KitsuAccalia » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:49 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:13 pm

Equipment Update:

Zeta: HR10

* Ananta Boneblade (Longsword) [Atk:363 (+150 Stun)/Sharp: Green]
* Head: Barroth Helm (Lv.2) [Def: 17] [+ Attack Jewel]
* Chest: Barroth Mail (Lv.3) [Def: 21]
* Arms: Barroth Vambraces (Lv.2) [Def: 17] [+ Attack Jewel]
* Waist: Barroth Faulds (Lv.2) [Def: 17] [+ Attack Jewel]
* Legs: Barroth Greaves (Lv.2) [Def: 17] [+ Attack Jewel]

Extra Skills:
Attack Up (M) [attack +17]
Marathon Runner [stamina + 11]

(There's a few more, but I forget what they are XD)

Also, I can usually be found at Valor1 - gate13/13
Generally partying with my friends (IRL):

* Kyra (my brother)
* Chad (friend from a bordering down - made a stereotypical Bro character, hence the name)
* Moosie (friend from NH)

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:19 am

Equipment Update 2:

Zeta: HR15

* Thunderclap+ (Longsword) [Atk:462 (+430 Thunder)/Sharp: Green]
* Head: Gobul Helm (Lv.7) [Def: 28]
* Chest: Gobul Mail (Lv.7) [Def: 28]
* Arms: Gobul Vambraces (Lv.7) [Def: 28]
* Waist: Gobul Faulds (Lv.7) [Def: 28]
* Legs: Gobul Greaves (Lv.7) [Def: 28]

Extra Skills:
Fire Resistance +10% [Fire Res +10]
Water Resistance +10 [Water Res + 10]
Gluttony(?) [Speed Eating +10]

(There's a few more, but I forget what they are XD)

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir

Postby KitsuAccalia » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:55 pm

:3 Nice you seem to get armor pretty quickly XD
I just got Barroth Armor at least the Greaves and Tasset!
This inspires me to speed up >=D

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:56 pm

and to think that my brother is skyrocketing past me (with the exception of weapons), as he's currently HR19 atm.

I was too busy this weekend with my paper's research to really get some decent play time.

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir

Postby KitsuAccalia » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:50 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:18 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:33 am

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I forgot to turn off my cheats with uLoader (which allows me to boot the game without updating my Wii) before going online and got a 10-Day temp ban.

[spoiler]FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK[/spoiler]

Oh well, one of my friends is still having trouble getting the game to run properly on his hacked Wii and he's ~40 hours of gameplay behind me XD

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir

Postby KitsuAccalia » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:39 pm

=( that bites, also my brother keeps getting this wierd warning that says using modified data will result in a Temp Ban or something, but he is not using a modded Wii or hacked file T_T

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:58 pm

Yeah, me and all my friends got it, too.
Capcom is really serious about their bans this time around.

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir

Postby KitsuAccalia » Mon May 03, 2010 1:10 pm

You know what's lame? America taking out TEN player lobbies for FOUR player lobbies with WiiSpeak, and it turns out japan is making WiiSpeak enabled in a separate FOUR player lobby and people who don't feel like using WiiSpeak can go to the TEN player lobbies.....TEN!

52 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”