Feedback on some large art!

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
DGAE
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Feedback on some large art!

Postby DGAE » Mon May 17, 2010 5:54 am

Prolly a topic on here i coulda posted this in but i don't know these forums well.

anyway
http://xxdarcia.deviantart.com/art/Shad ... -164331199
image is to big to bother posting thats the link to my deviant page where i uploaded it.

This idea was brought on by a poem i wrote a few years ago. originally i was going to put the poem into the art, but it would have looked cluttered. in this case i didn't even want to put text in but i did against my better judgment.

Zaraf
Fenrir

Postby Zaraf » Mon May 17, 2010 6:27 am

Neat image, but it gives me a bit of a headache to look at. I get kinda dizzy with the perspective I guess. The feet of the shadow look a bit off though. Not sure how the perspective should be since I've never been good with that, but I can just tell it doesn't look quite right.

Otherwise, nice work

DGAE
Ragelope

Postby DGAE » Mon May 17, 2010 6:36 am

you know i didn't notice that at first, but now that you bring it up i know what you mean. The image was rendered off an image straight of someones body straight down but without the prominent lines it looks really wrong.
hmm
ty for pointing that out, will have to remember to watch for that.

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir

Postby KitsuAccalia » Mon May 17, 2010 12:54 pm

The perspective is indeed a unique one, to me it resembles a person falling, reaching for the other who is overlooking him from the building top. Other than that it is very calming for some strange reason. Maybe i'm wierd anyway, another intresting thing for me is just the color scheme. I tend to like gray.
Many things about the kitsune is mercurial, from their moods to their treatment of humans, to even the abilities some possess. Kitsune have a depth of personality as deep or even deeper than those of other Japanese characters. The reason for this, according to one source, is that the kitsune is the Trickster, in Japanese culture. They are there to teach those around them lessons.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon May 17, 2010 1:39 pm

They're supposed to be feet? *looks again* Oh, now I get it. I thought the shadows at the bottom were people standing/walking at ground level.

Now that I get what is going on in the image, I agree with Stealth that it somehow feels calm. Like there would be complete silence (slowmotion optional) if this was part of a movie. I usually hate B&W, but in this case it sort of works. It could be a little brighter though. Is the misspelling 'selfs' deliberate? I agree that it doesn't need any text really.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

DGAE
Ragelope

Postby DGAE » Mon May 17, 2010 5:30 pm

nah the misspelling of self's was just complete lazyness after 6 hours i just slapped the text on and said there, i have a bad habbit of rushing things at the end.

pucha
Ragelope

Postby pucha » Mon May 24, 2010 6:29 am

7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Discussion Section”