E3 2010 Discussion

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

E3 2010 Discussion

Postby Sampson » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:52 am

Well, it's in four days, and there's no shame in being preemptive.

So, until it actually happens, this is the place to discuss what you want to see. I, for one, want to see a release date for EOIII. And maybe Golden Sun DS. They only announced it a year ago.

Oh, and there's some 3DS stuff going on, I think, and it'll be neat to see how that will be implemented. And article is relevant, I'd imagine. I'm guilty of sometimes tilting my DS to see a ceiling or floor...only to find there isn't one.

Also, see . Just to show you all it's all just not wishful thinking.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:03 am

:3 I've scheduled off work for Tuesday. I DO NOT want to miss Nintendo's conference.

I WANT TO SEE ZELDA!! I'm hoping for as much pizazz as the E3 that TP was first announced by a sword-wielding Miyamoto.

I'm also looking forward to Natal - actually, I'm not really expecting much. Quite honestly I'm waiting for Microsoft to come out saying "Soo.... you remember all that neat stuff last year? Well... sorry, it's not gonna happen. Too bad. So sad. BUT! We have our drumstick looking wii-mote scams!"

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:39 am

I'm really looking forward to all the cool stuff about the new Nintendo handheld. What do you think 'CTR' stands for? Centaur, or Citrus, or something else?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:05 am

?? I thought it was confirmed that CTR was a mere codename for 3DS?

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:10 am

Yes, here it is:
http://www.thinkdigit.com/Gaming/FCC-re ... _4588.html

It's not the article that I originally read (I can't even remember which one it was now or where), but it's actually a little more detailed. Though in retrospect, this article is still not so sure it is 3DS. I wish I could find the one I read :\

[] - [] - [] - []

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:40 am

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:11 pm

I like how I've missed 2 whole bullshit DS consoles without even caring. Awesome. Anyway, I'm more interested in how "good" the tech behind the 3DS is. I imagine it'll be a pretty watered down version of the tech for the sake of cost (i.e., like Wii launch vs Wii Motion+).

[spoiler]Plus, it seems like a stupid gimmick anyway. But I say that while owning (partially) a 3DTV.[/spoiler]

I haven't kept up with like, any of the pre-E3 buzz. This is a weird year for me to go into an E3 with practically no knowledge of what's going to be shown. Maybe this means I won't be disappointed!

[spoiler]...

Hah, yeah right.[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:23 pm

I usually avoid pre-E3 buzz myself, Scy. This is just because I care very little for a bunch of bullshit rumors that usually someone intertwine themselves in with the facts.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:45 am

[] - [] - [] - []

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:16 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:33 pm

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:03 pm

Well, the MotionPlus does give a quite noticable improvement over base wiimotes for the shaking etc.

And most of the time you can still sit in the couch and continue to play most Wii games. Only things like WarioWare or Pangya actually force you to stand.

I never noticed any discomfort. It can't possibly be as bad as the Logitech gamepad I have for my PC. That really makes your thumbs bleed from an extended session.

Of course I'm a clear Nintendofag, so I'm biased in the consoles favour though LOL.

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:

http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:41 pm

I don't know. Even with MotionPlus I would accidentally destroy the world just because I wanted to shift my arms into a more comfortable position.

52 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”