Why Are You Happy Today?

Chat about anything and everything non-Etrian related!

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Why Are You Happy Today?

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:04 pm

She said yes. <3

Now I get to/have to take her to meet my grandparents. Lol.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Hey congrats, I'm really glad for you

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:41 pm

Congrats on your engagement ^_^
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:49 am

Thanks, guys. :)

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:27 pm

Awww, congratulations!! :)

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:13 pm

So pumped up for judo to get a green belt, besides I'm gonna attend an international tournament in Paris :3

Starfe
Manticor

Postby Starfe » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:40 am

New job still great miss you all very busy but doing cool work to make education more betterer.

Cottontofu
Manticor

Postby Cottontofu » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Had a busy and great weekend thanks to Monsieur and the Paris Grand Slam, it was my first international judo tournament, that was a great show.

But I got sick ;_;

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:11 am

I got a few extra hours at work today and on the next schedule (yaaaay, monies!), I'm going on a '50s style date tomorrow with Roller Skating, a drive-in burger joint, and then going to see Deadpool, and I get to play games with my husband all evening. Perfect!

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:42 am

I survived Valentines day yesterday, if that counts as being a good day.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:13 am

Life's not great these days but I get to play Pathfinder tonight with my good friends, I don't even have to DM. That makes me happy.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Archaic Sage
ItL Webmaster

Postby Archaic Sage » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Sorry to hear that life's not so great at the moment :(. You'll move past the bad times soon enough! :)

I'm happy as it's only 6 more weeks until I leave my job and 7 until I start my new one :D. CANNOT WAIT.

[ | | | | ]

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:07 am

I visited a collage today. It was actually really releiveing to learn about it and overall i've lost a lot of fear for the future
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:54 am

I finished the final draft of my novel. It is written and it's not changing. Now it comes down to edits. I have ten more chapters to do for raw edits (which means cleaning up the immediate "wth was I trying to say here?" crap and just doing my first glance). Then I'm going to start from chapter 1 and start going through with the fine tooth comb. Hopefully will be done by the end of the month.

April 9th I've paid and signed up for a which is going to be SO MUCH FUN! I paid for the event and several other things.

For the event itself there are the following topics that will be covered:

“Your Publishing Options Today.”
“Everything You Need to Know About Agents, Queries & Pitching.”
“Writers’ Got Talent: A Chapter One Critique-Fest.” (our first pages are read anonymously on stage)
“How to Market Yourself and Your Books: Author Platform & Social Media Explained.”
“How to Get Published: 10 Professional Writing Practices That You Need to Know NOW to Find Success as a Writer.”

SO exciting. In addition I've purchased a pre-event query critique where I will send my query in and it will be critiqued before the event by an agent so that way I have a chance to clean it up before the event. Then, and perhaps more importantly, I've signed up for two 10min pitch sessions with two different agents. A one-on-one session where I pitch my book to an agent of my choice and they will critique the pitch (and HOPEFULLY ask for the query... PLEASE ASK FOR MY QUERY!).

OMG... that's just a month away. I'm so nervous. I'm so bloody nervous. Even though I've had only minor success with the pitch parties I've participated in, at least I feel I have a little pitching experience.

^_^ Hopefully, though, with my work on the manuscript coming to a close you guys should start seeing a lot more of me. These last few months have been hell as I struggled to get it all in place. This is going to be such an exciting year.

I'm still so angry at myself for last year. I spent so much of it thinking that I was done with just a few blanks here and there but when I sat down and really analyzed it back in November and started to put those pieces in place it hit me like a brick how much work I still had to do. Those "oh a few simple things" were much dire things. I would have been screwed if someone had asked me for my manuscript.

Oh well, it's all part of the learning process.

Update:
Oh, hehe, you wanna know my pitching skills. I can NOW answer what my book is about without a huge paragraph.

It's a young adult, epic fantasy about a deliquent teen age girl who discovers she's the reincarnation of a male fallen angel. After she destroys an entire city and sets a dark prophecy into motion she has to prove that she is not evil or be executed for her sins.

^_^ Hee, I'm getting a little better at that. Still has to get much better when I go up to face those two agents, though. @_@

My query currently, if anyone is interested:
(for those that don't know: a query is a type of pitch that is sent out to agents. It's supposed to tease our books. Give the agents enough information to let them know the premise without being spoiler, and to also give them a feel for our voice, the character, and plot. It starts with a hook for the first paragraph and then the story description beneath that.)

[] - [] - [] - []

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:26 am

It sounds like you couldn't have chosen a more perfect conference to go to! Oh man, I'm so excited for you! :D I will definitely buy your book once it's published and I will most certainly be pushing it at every young person looking for recommendations in my store.

2436 posts

Return to “Discussion Section”